Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Front License Plate Bracket

LouisW

In Maryland (where I am), front license plates are required, so the dealer attached the front plate to my 2003 RAV4 by drilling two holes directly in the front bumper and !Removed! the license plate to those holes. However, I noticed that the front bumper has two precast holes in it that are slightly (about 1") too far apart to match where the holes are in a normal license plate. I'm wondering if the RAV4 was supposed to come with a bracket that attached to the front bumper, and then the license plate would attach to the bracket. (I'm not referring to a decorative plate that would attach to the front of the license plate.)

Could someone with a 2003 RAV4 in a "front license plate state" tell me how their license plate is attached to the front bumper? Thanks!

the two holes you describe are for the euro type plates and i can only suggest that you buy a fancy surround for your plate e.g chrome type thus making a more attractive part of your car :thumbsup: