Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trim Help For Sat Navi Users

man-bing

Ok here's my problem. :thumbsup:

My Rolla, doesn't have Sat Navi as a standard feature, but i can see it's getting more common on newer models.

I've got a Double DIN H/U that i want to install, that i think is about the same size as Toyota's Sat Navi unit.

Here's a pic just to help

image10_1024.jpg

I've tried asking at my local Toyota for more info, but to say they were useless, would be an understatement. :eek:

The person who was trying to find the part for me, was UNHAPPY and CONCERNED that the part might not be acceptable for my car, and might not fit, which would have to be paid in full and would be a non-returnable item!!! :wacko:

Also, as i didn't give him full details of my car or my car's chassis number, he would also be unable to sell me the item anyway!!! :censor:

Now, call me stupid, but that's a classic way to put someone off a sale!!! :help:

Ok, that aside, i'm trying to find out, if anybody has this installed in there car, and be able to take a pic for me just so i can see what it looks like.

Just current "Hole", as i put it, has about a 5-10mm gap around the airvents, but from the above pic, it looks like it's solved this problem

Ok, more pics of what my problem is :thumbsup:

P1000721-0.JPG

P1000722-0.JPG

I think i'll go back tomorrow, and ask again, even try and find a car on there forecourt to see what i'm talking about.

I'm not going to be much help here, but I was looking at the B9003 ( the unit in the pic ) on eBay.

I've seen two different looking units. One from a Hi-Lux Surf (I think) that was just the unit - like your aftermarket one.

The second was from a 'rolla and to me it looks like there is a flat surface behind the curved edges on the B9003 that sits flush with the back of the airvent unit.

I may be wrong though, but it does look like there must be an adapter of sorts that helps it fit.

I'm sure there is a post on this forum that details the size of the B9003 unit ( or maybe I'm getting confused with the eBay ads ). If I can find this, it might help you evaluate the fit better?

Did a bit of searching for you ..... cant find it no where on the toyota site and no price either :(

Although I found out it costs around £2000 for the kit, but a while back somebody on here was selling them for £750 :drool:

However I think what I have found may be able to help you ie with the sizes/more info

Linky

If only I had £420 :crybaby:

Dave

Thanks for your find Dave :thumbsup: most appreciated, but it's not the unit i'm looking for, it's was the trim that goes around it.

Alpine have recently released a double DIN unit, and that was what i'm going to install.

Doesn't matter now anyway, i managed to find a Rolla with Sat Navi within it, and managed to find the part, but still no telling until i get it, which won't be until Thursday :(

If it is the right part, will post up here and hopefully, any other users that want to install a double DIN H/U i'll pass the details onto them

Now for the waiting...... :huh:

Bing

:thumbsup:

can't offer any advice on the gap around the stereo but i can give advice on the full map sat nav!

there are TWO Types. they both look the same until you get round the back, one has the older style toyota input plug (the one that carries the speed pulse, err fuel, steering controls) and the newer type. The two are not interchangable.

If you buy the old one for your car, chances are the sat nav won't work properly as the speed pulse won't work. also you can give your steering controls a miss!

so make sure you have a look at the back first!

Ok few pics of what i got.

Still needs a bit of work doing to it, but hopefully be installed by the weekend :thumbsup:

If it's any help, let me know

Didn't know where to dump pics, so put them here for the mo, but might move them later on and have them displayed within the message.

Let me know if it works ok :thumbsup:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/manbing19...65d&.src=ph

Bing

Well after alot of waiting, finding and searching, my little Alpine finally got installed.

Big thanks to Barry @ RMD in Wellingborough for doing my little bit of trimming work.

Not as flush as i wanted but then the gap was alot bigger to fill, i still like the look of it.

Here's the pics, and let me know what you think

Before-00.JPG

Before-01.JPG

Before-02.JPG

Before-03.JPG

After-00.JPG

After-01.JPG

After-03.JPG

After-04.JPG

After-05.JPG

Well thats nicely solved with the gaps on both sides :thumbsup:

Very nice! :thumbsup:

I would say not bad at all!

The material is good because you have similar on the doors and seats... :yes:

Doesn't look as neat as the 1st pic i posted, with the Toyota Sat-navi unit, but still looks just as tasty.

The missus took awhile to get use to liking it, even said my old unit was better than this unit :censor: what does she know :lol:

Anyway, i'm loving it for now :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

If anyones interested I have the toyota double-din console convertor with airvents etc for a Corolla (post 2002) model. As shown in the pics on the original post.

It's yours for £30 (£110 from Toyota). Any more info required PM me, and I can email you pics etc.

what do you do about the MPG status?

Errrrr......Guess :lol:

I'm not too fussed about the MPG, after when i last read it, it was saying something like i was doing 89.7MPG at 90MPH!! :lol:

Bing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links