Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Idling Problems On A 1.0

MrB

Hi all,

a friend of mine has a 1.0 GS and her idling is pretty low (near stalling) also when she accelerates the car does begin to stall then between 1000-2000rpm, but as soon as the revs pick up it gets a boost of power and then its fine.

Its starting to worry her, so i thought if anyone has experienced the same or similar problem?

i think its the idle control, but not 100% sure, if it is does it require a clean?

ta very much

Andy (mrb)

Mine idles at about 570RPM, it's normal for the cars to idle at this amount of revs

I thought 750- 850 was the norm, 570 seems a bit on the low side

Mine idles at about 570RPM, it's normal for the cars to idle at this amount of revs

I guarantee you it's normally between 570 & 600

There is a modified Ecu for a number of yaris with this fault. The only way you can find out if it is one within the range for the ecu is to take it to your dealer.

I guarantee you it's normally between 570 & 600

Sure ok I'll take your word :thumbsup: I've only had my 1.3CDX for 10 days and noticed it ticks over 2 (sometimes 1) segment over the single band (if you know what I mean) but I dont know what it signifies..is it 6 0r 700 revs or what?

• 3 weeks later...

That's crappy gasoline for sure mate!! Mine does that sometimes too, specially when I fill it with discount 95 octane gasoline, if you mix it with 98 octane, or, BP Ultimate 100, it tends to turn ok. Then put in a few litres of Ultimate and it runs pretty smoothly. Over here some smaller fuel stations tend to mix water on the gasoline..., or if you are unlucky you catch the end of the fuel station tank, where all the crap like water and detergent is, so it's pretty unhealthy... =\

Yeh yaris does idle too low really so just hav aircon on and goes up a bit :P :D or just press the right one a bit harder before u release the clutch!

My 1.0L T3 used to idle at around 750 I think, the 1.3 seems to be around 900 rpm.

This is probably a wild shot in the dark, but when I got my 96 Fiesta (dare I say that here :lol:) it used to idle really low and kinda shuddered a bit/loose power and nearly stall. I had to rev it to clear it, turned out the spark plugs were dirty or clogged or something (I'm not technical), so my Dad got some new ones and replaced them and it was fine after.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links