Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xbox360

Fidgits

I'm toying with the idea of getting a xbox360...

But, i was curious about the best deals at the moment - i'd only be into it for racing games and FPS (and GTA type..) so would only be interested in a bundle with PGR or Halo...

But I was just wondering if anyone knew of the best prices you can get one for..?

and if they are worth it?

Dunno on prices, but my bro got one for his 18th not long ago, and it rocks!

It came with PGR3, and the graphics on it are awesome.

I have one and yes it's the best console but the games arent there at the minute. PGR3 is good but some say it is a little rushed. I have not owned the previous xbox so can't compare it to previous pgr's but it is no Gran Turismo.

Xbox's best feature is Xbox live and well worth it for that alone. I'm no good at FPS's on consoles as I miss the keyboard mouse combination so can't comment really on Call of duty and that is the only FPS I have.

NFS:MW is extremely taccy however extremely playable; it's a guilty pleasure yet not to be played too soon after PGR3.

If I bought mine I would be slightly dissapointed with the value for money, in terms of how much I have used it compared to the price, though I expect it would get used a lot more if my friends werent at uni!

Can't help you with prices but I would expect you would find it value for money and then the PS3 will be out at about 600 quid!? I will definately get the next playstation just will wait a little :P

Re-read the emails I sent you.... they should answer the majority of your questions! :lol:

Now go and write 100 times on the blackboard

I MUST LISTEN TO EM IN FUTURE

;)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out they'll be dropping the price of it to coincide with the PS3's launch ;)

Personally I think the PC does the FPS genre better than consoles and has better driving sims too. Consoles win hands down for arcade racing games and most other things except RTSes.

Ridge Racer, PGR3 and NFS:MW are all good on 360 in their different ways though :) Not played any FPS games on one as pads are so inferior to a keyboard and mouse for them it isn't worth it.

I got one about a month or so ago and it is class ! BUT the games are very limited and seem to come out at a rate of one maybe two a month . I cant help but go back to the ps2 for Pro evo soccer tbh .

PGR is great looking but its too arcadey for my liking - i prefer the gran turismo type driving games . Fight night is treeemendous if you've got a few mates round , the graphics are scary good !! Forza should be out soon and thats supposed to be brilliant .

www.ign.com is good for video reviews of games , so you can see how it looks !

I'll still be buying the ps3 though to replace it !!

BUY ONE !

Re-read the emails I sent you.... they should answer the majority of your questions! :lol:

;)

your emails just said 'yes - spend money' ;)

I have a xbox360 that i got bundled in a phone deal but until there are better games then ill probs end up selling int with 1 game and a memory card

Awesome gaming machine just have no time to play it atm

;)

your emails just said 'yes - spend money' ;)

Actually my emails said "Yes, give me the money and I'll spend it for you" :lol::lol:

Ian, awesome piece of kit, with windows media player installed links your photos and music wirelessly to the tvf from pc, dvd player and of course games machine....

not many games to choose from which is a dissapointment but well worth a couple of hundred squid....

It's probably best to wait until the PS3 and Wii have entered the market, then there will be deals to be had regardless of whether you have any interest in the other consoles.

There is a problem with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in that the architectures are so radical it may take developers a while to get their best-selling franchises over to the new machines. Yes on paper they seem to be extremely capable but in the end the PS2 didn't deliver on quite the outrageous claims Sony made for the Emotion Engine chips pre-launch, and I am pretty sure none of the next generation will either.

Xbox 360 owners: are you using hi-def displays and if so which ones? I am a little unsure as to whether the new machines really have enough grunt for hi-def.

Paul.

I have not invested in one just yet, but my friends have, one of them got a 19 inch wide screen mon for the PC which he uses for HD on the xbox360, the HD TV makes such a difference

as far as the games goes, i agree with what has been said about PGR. i think it looks to arcady but i think its ment to be. the new FORZA will be brilliant if the last one was anything to go by.

and NFS:MW looks so damn good on the 360 compared to the normal xbox.

and you can still play the xbox games like Pro Evo5 on the 360. why anyone would want to play Pro evo on a Ps2 when they have the xbox360 is beyond me. go and get a copy of it for the xbox!

and that new Table Tennis game is awesome! so are the wireless controllers. where do i begin to describe how good it feels to have no wires all over the floor :D

Xbox 360 owners: are you using hi-def displays and if so which ones? I am a little unsure as to whether the new machines really have enough grunt for hi-def.

Everything that I know of is being developed in hi-def, they've got sufficient grunt to make use of it :)

I don't have a high def tv but what concerns me is that 360 doesn't use blueray or any other higher capacity disk which is probably needed for high def?

and you can still play the xbox games like Pro Evo5 on the 360. why anyone would want to play Pro evo on a Ps2 when they have the xbox360 is beyond me. go and get a copy of it for the xbox!

and that new Table Tennis game is awesome! so are the wireless controllers. where do i begin to describe how good it feels to have no wires all over the floor :D

You need the hard drive though to play old x-box games , which i dont have ! otherwise i'd steal my brothers xbox pro evo :lol:

Table tennis is !Removed! adictive ! i've got a demo and you get a full match ! i play that mainly just now !!!

The downside to wireless controllers is when you throw them they stay thrown til they connect with something :lol: the old wires used to stop them after a few feet :rolleyes:

I don't have a high def tv but what concerns me is that 360 doesn't use blueray or any other higher capacity disk which is probably needed for high def?

There bringing out an add on by USB in the future :thumbsup: !

However im sure they will revise the design to include it like Sony do - if you get what I mean

AFAIK the add on will be for playing HD-DVDs only, there won't be HD-DVD games for the 360.

Not that its a major problem, you might end up with the odd game on more than 1 disc but provided you haven't got hours of streaming hi def video as part of your game you'll probably be ok for space... ish ;)

Paul.

Got a 42' JVC HD Plasma - its proper good connected to the 360

I saw a deal for a 360 Premium for around 230ish the other week

Paul.

where?

Paul.

where?

Dixons, more details here - has expired now tho....

Does it really look good or does the extra definition just expose patch edges, clipping flaws, texture aliasing problems etc.

And what does it do to the loading time, which is rubbish on the old XBox for a lot of games?

Paul.

Does it really look good or does the extra definition just expose patch edges, clipping flaws, texture aliasing problems etc.

And what does it do to the loading time, which is rubbish on the old XBox for a lot of games?

Paul.

Even tho its early days with the console and games they look pure quality on an hd display - best I've played so far is Fight Night 3.

Loading time is similar to xbox but its worth it!

When i had one for testing, i found that it couldn't stream video smoothy (from media center) via the wireless .

you probably have it connected to the ethernet port anyway :thumbsup: