Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xbox360

Fidgits

Intial thoughts (ive only played PGR)

Fan is noisey - you dont notice during gameplay, but in menus you do..

Graphics, not bad, was expecting better (maybe a HD TV would help?)

Wireless controller great, however uses AA batteries, i have to pay more to get rechargable pack..

cant find a demo disk or 'free' live month - probably need to read the instructions more?

Wireless controller great, however uses AA batteries, i have to pay more to get rechargable pack..

cant find a demo disk or 'free' live month - probably need to read the instructions more?

HDTV transforms the 360 otherwise its only slightly better than normal xbox.

Fan is annoying but a good excuse to get a surround kit!

First time i went on-line and signed up i got up-graded to gold for a month .

Ian buy a chrage pack for the controller, they're about 14 squid and make a diffrence, leave it plugged into the controller when not in use and never have to buy another Battery

Anyone wanna buy a 12-month live subscription?

Costs £40 from microsoft - asking for £25 - got 3 available.

i'm assuming you've got a pc monitor? buy a cable from eBay and plug it in to that to run HD mode, only a few quid and looks amazing!!!

i'm assuming you've got a pc monitor? buy a cable from ebay and plug it in to that to run HD mode, only a few quid and looks amazing!!!

I don't know why, but the VGA connection tends to make things look really bright and washed out. We've got flat panels with VGA and TV standard hi def connectors on and things look sooo much better using the TV ones :) Still better than not having hi def at all though.

I don't know why, but the VGA connection tends to make things look really bright and washed out.

Good graphics cards these days have hardware colour correction. Just reduce the contrast and brightness and you can make it look as good as a TV.

Paul.

You can't make it look right, there's no adjustment on the 360 and by the time it reaches the monitor the damage is already done - you can't completely correct it there. We do kind of know what we're doing ;)

I've got a feeling its why this happened, the game was developed soley in hi-def using VGA connections and monitors (far more easily available and cheaper last year than hi-def TVs), so when you put it on a real hi-def TV it looks far too dark.

I cant see the point in putting it through my 19" LCD rather than the 32" widescreen TV, even for the high def?

I cant see the point in putting it through my 19" LCD rather than the 32" widescreen TV, even for the high def?

Agreed, especially if you like your fps's. Anyone remember black dots in the early Delta Force games? :thumbsup:

okay, spent more money on it - to get the 'play and charge' - i am a little disspointed it didnt come with the £270 package though.. oh well..

Oh yes, and im on live now :!Removed!:

im on as Fidigts (shock horror) so if anyone else is on there, and fancies a game, erm, you probably know what to do more than me!

Fidigts

Is that a typo or have you forgotten how to spell these days?

I hear that comes with old age... :lol::lol:

Lol...

I'll have to sign in as my bro and look for you, and then Pwn you at PGR3. :P

I'm "Robiedoo" but havent sorted internet downstairs yet (bigger tv) despite the cable modem being there!

It is good fun online though, last man standing in PGR3 is my favourite :D

Fidigts

Is that a typo or have you forgotten how to spell these days?

I hear that comes with old age... :lol::lol:

D'oh

its Fidgits :thumbsup:

thanks for spotting it em.. i'll be on later this evening (have to relocate router downstairs to connect)

anyone else get ****** off with the lag in some games on xbox-live ? fifa's almost impossible to play sometimes

anyone else get ****** off with the lag in some games on xbox-live ? fifa's almost impossible to play sometimes

Not at all. A couple of people on fifa maybe but that's at like 4am when the only people on are in america.

No problems racing people in america on PGR3 though. I was using ethernet though, are you using the wireless adapter?

PGR has been fine...

CoD also fine (though i have heard complaints of lag), the only one that gave me any issue was Prey - and that had been working fine for 10 mins before it got laggy..

Only ever had problems with fifa here also.

BTW my username is 'The Jim Bowen' :lol:

Not at all. A couple of people on fifa maybe but that's at like 4am when the only people on are in america.

No problems racing people in america on PGR3 though. I was using ethernet though, are you using the wireless adapter?

Nope ethernet too , its just fifa really but i like my football games and it irritates me when your through on goal one on one then .... ... ... .... ... ****... ... .... ...out of nowhere it stutters

edit- while i remember in todays sun newspaper there is a 20% discount voucher for gaming at asda ! i got £13.18 off two wireless controllers ! bought Tbale tennis too :D luvin that game !!