Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Name The Engine

~Rach~

Okies, heres a random one for Friday morning.....

I've found a rather 'interesting' car Im very tempted to get, but havent a clue what the engine is.

It may be dead simple for someone, but I've not dealt with any 2.4 toyota engines before :unsure:

32_1.JPG

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

at first i was going to say a Toyota 2AZ-FE ;)

but! (puts smart azz hat on)

its a chevvy 2.4 engine which is rather poo and unreliable and you should stay well away ;)

I almost bought a Toyota Cavalier last year....DONT DO IT :lol: ;)

Its a yank car thats pretending its jap :lol:

Thanks Lee! :D :lol:

Had a fear it was going to be a yank engine, so its saved me the effort of actually going to see the car to check :thumbsup:

*sigh* back to hunting for a different car then............. :P

Thanks Lee! :D :lol:

Had a fear it was going to be a yank engine, so its saved me the effort of actually going to see the car to check :thumbsup:

*sigh* back to hunting for a different car then............. :P

No probs ;)

Get yourself an Aristo TT like me :D :lol:

There is one on eBay for £1k at the mo (a bit tatty but nothing a little bit of TLC wont fix), you get a Supra Twin Turbo engine for 300bhp and on top of that you have 4 door/every luxury and enough bootspace to put a yaris in :lol::thumbsup:

Plus it shares the same corporate image as the Carina ;) similar styling, looks from certain angles just like a big carina :lol:

Ahhh thats what Nick wants me to get but Im sizest :lol:

My perfect car doesnt exist I swear :(

Not too big, not too small, but it needs back seats. Not stupidly expensive to insure, but not such a weedy engine I'll get irritated by it. The only remotely happy medium is a celica ST, but Nick says only GT or higher :(

Open to suggestions tho.....

Aristo isnt too big ;) Piece of cake to drive, so easy. Also insurance is pretty reasonable considering how fast it is. I payed £700 this year and thats only because of some mods, standard would have been £650. :yes:

There is nothing else on the market for the same money as an aristo at the moment that has the same space, reliability and performance :)

Yeah if your gonna go celica then you'll want at least a GT.... but next to the carina its gonna feel 'tiny'...... :(

Tiny is good tho! :D

Im used to and prefer to drive small cars, and really panic if I have to drive the carina as its too long (either that or Nick screaming be careful freaks me out lol)

But Im getting money hopefully this weekend so I can properly look now :)

Once you mentioned Celicas, i HAD to put forward the option of a GT4 :lol: :D :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links