Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Car?

jay dh

ive been helping my dad think of wot his next car should be, and i can only think of 3 options due to his spec. am i missing something?

his spec is

must be new

around a corolla size

jap

economical

automatic

reasonable image and not ugly.

so i have come up with the corolla (quite pricey for an old design), civic(dodgy auto box) and lancer(cheap with good spec), mazda3. is that all the market has or am i missing something?

Mazda 3? Not a bad looking car :)

Lancer is okay, guessing your on about the current model. The interior is the most horrilbe thing ever. Had one as a Courtesy car for the day.

Corolla... its a Toyota isn't it ;) which design are you thinking though?

What about the Nissan Almera... but not the current model!

Mazda 3?

i added the mazda, appologies - its mpg isnt that good, but a contender.

all models are brand new.

the almera isnt on the list cos its ugly - snobby i know but i wouldnt want to be seen in one

I agree the current one IS ugly, but didn't know if we were talking new or old.

Rolla or Mazda 3...

Mazda 3 - they're gorgeous.... dunno what they're like to drive but they really are stunning cars that make you look!

Has anyone else noticed they only seem to make them in Electric Blue? I only see blue ones about - weird! :lol:

mazda 3 is nice i agree, but fuel consumption is very poor compared to the competition, and its something my dad wants. although it does have a bose sound system :)

DA, they have now introduced a black into the range, well so i hear from ad's...

Why does it have to be jap????

Still might be worth considering some of the VAG offerings..... Mazda, reliability is abolutely shocking from experiance, and mitsubishi build quality is abysmal... I was also thoroughly unimpressed with the quality of finish in the new corolla too....... Where as lets say, the new jetta was actually quite impressive....

i like the vag cars but my dad wont buy german. mazda, from people who own them that i know, havent had many issues with them. mitsubishi i thought had improved over recent years, plus the lancer has a good safety package as standard (maybe thats cos they know they are tinny)

Bahh....

Guess what I sold last week, you perfect car !!!!!!!!

Corolla Colour Collection Auto.

'06 Plate

517 Miles on the clock

3.5 cheaper than new !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does it have to be new?

buying a new car is crazy - 3 years time it'll be worth 50% of what you paid. its a really quick way of throwing upwards of £5000 down the drain.

I'd get your dad to go for the Mazda 3. My mum's got one and I can't really fault it, it's a lovely car to drive and very spacious!

Has anyone else noticed they only seem to make them in Electric Blue? I only see blue ones about - weird! :lol:

Nah, my mum's got a grey one! :P

Mazda, reliability is abolutely shocking from experiance

The Mazda we've got seems to be running fine and it's actually put together really well! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links