Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Diesel Yaris Digital Tuning Box Help

Andrew_madrid

Last week I bought the digital tuning box (though the nice chap on ebay) for my new Yaris and installed it without problems. Started with the box set to 4 (as in the instructions). I started the car with no problem but the engine warning and traction control lights did not turn off. I thought the lights would reset themselves but so far they have not and I have no idea why not.

Along with this I have not noticed any difference in the power of the engine at all and have taken the setting up to 9. Decided to turn it back down to 0 while waiting for a reply here...anyone any ideas??

oh... :unsure:

you're the first person to have had a problem with one of these. Sadly I don't know about the new digital ones. Have you unplugged the box and checked that all the lights work properly then?

It might also be worth just checking that the plugs are seated right - they can be a bit awkward.

Hope that helps,

Alan :thumbsup:

oh... :unsure:

you're the first person to have had a problem with one of these. Sadly I don't know about the new digital ones. Have you unplugged the box and checked that all the lights work properly then?

It might also be worth just checking that the plugs are seated right - they can be a bit awkward.

Hope that helps,

Alan :thumbsup:

Tomorrow I will check the plugs and if not, I will disconnect it..

I got an email from the chap I bought my box (ebay) from which concerned the new digital boxes ... sadly my finances are such that I'll never afford a new diesel Yaris so I binned it before reading it.

Give the seller a call, he's a decent chap and will help

I've got a digital tuning box - had no problems and noticed good performance increase. I did get an engine management warning first time round because I set it too high, so was overfueling. Most people are sure to be tempted to do this a first.

I disconnected my Battery for 5 mins to reset, then set the box at a more sensible level. The digital box does not need to be set anywhere near as high as the analogue versions.

Around setting 8 should be more than enough and give around 20-25%. The highest setting can give up to 35% which can cause overfueling.

Hope this helps...

Thanks everyone for the input. I checked all the plugs and one was ever so slightly off. I pushed all the plugs well home and set the box back on 4. Now I notice the performance increase! Still have the engine management lights on though. Will they reset themselves if there is now no problem or do I have to disconnect the Battery. (I have read somewhere that disconnecting the Battery doesn´t work and can lead to further problems?). Thanks again.

Well all is resolved. Went out in the car this morning and the lights had gone off, so I assume if a problem is solved the management system switches off the light. The extra performance is great.

Cool! Glad to be of help :D

Bet it goes like stink now...

:thumbsup:

A

Nice one enjoy!

The engine management will go off itself after a while if no problem remains.

Have fun.

Have you wound it up to number 8 yet?

You may be able to set it higher if you also use a sports air filter, the increased air flow will mean less smoke.

I use a Jetex filter and there's no smoke at all with the analogue box on max :)

hi all, i'm considering a tuning box on my (old version) yaris D4d, but just want to know how have people found their fuel economy after setting it up?

I drive over 100miles a day so good MPG is pretty high on my list.

b1ackb1rd says that his has increased, and so does the splurge on the internet. Mine hasn't, but a large factor of that is probably because at the time of fitting it I moved house and my driving patterns are very different now. That said, 500 miles to a tank is not impossible even taking into account my heavy right foot and propensity to floor it away from every roundabout...

:thumbsup:

A

thx for the reply i'll have to mull it over :) In this summer weather i've been getting 60-63mpg not bad at all :D