Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tein Springs

Drewa.d

Ive been quoted £164.50p for a set of brand new tein springs, with everything included vat and p&p,

Is this a good price? and does anybody know of any places that do them cheaper??

Cheers

Drewa.d

envy performance is the best and cheapest place you'll probably find them, if you subscribe to gold membership on here you'll get discounts off your order.

Ive been quoted £164.50p for a set of brand new tein springs, with everything included vat and p&p,

Is this a good price? and does anybody know of any places that do them cheaper??

Cheers

Drewa.d

I think Envy performance do them for around £130. Thats off the top of my head and without p&p. Links to the site are at the top of the page! Hope that helps mate!

somehow I don't think they are £130, The TTE/Eibachs are that price the tein ones with gold discount from envy are about £150, without discount should be the above price of £164.50

yeah that is the price from envy :D i just wondered if they were the cheapest thats all, ok well think i will order them tomorrow :D

Cheers

£155 delivered from funky styling! But yeah will be bit cheaper from Envy with discount then :P But seeing as your not a gold member the funkystyling would be cheaper

somehow I don't think they are £130, The TTE/Eibachs are that price the tein ones with gold discount from envy are about £150, without discount should be the above price of £164.50

My bad!! That £130 was without VAT!

£155 delivered from funky styling! But yeah will be bit cheaper from Envy with discount then :P But seeing as your not a gold member the funkystyling would be cheaper

Doh! lol ive just ordered mine today from envy, oh well whats an extra £10 . . . . :D

Well let the mods begin!, Still waiting for my alloys though, envy said my springs should be here by wed, so i will post some pics up on the weekend

dont buy anything from funky!!!! there sh**e i got my £260 getech pro RR from then and it was delivered in its own box, with stamps and name and address on it, no packaging anything....... anyone could have nicked it.......

Let us know how they are

I am trying to decide on whether to go for ether:

1) S-Tech springs & the rest standard..

or

2) TEIN Basic Damper

big difference in money, but if theres also a big difference in performance, its worth it...

but is there?!?!?!!?

my opinion is that theres not much difference between stech springs and tein basics (been in cars with each fitted)

What about the wagons / £700ish ones? Worth all that extra £600 or so of my hard earned cash.

I think I may go for springs if theres not really a significant improvement

I am mostly aiming to get rid of the Yaris' bodyroll & its, how do I explain it.. nervousness? I don't know - its just steering doesn't seem to always affect it in the crisp, precise way y'd want it to and it sort of steers all over a road when you are accelerating really hard. (is this tramlining?)

strut braces may help with its nervousness. I dont know if its just me thinking its affected it but the whole car feels tighter and so seems to respond more positively. But yeah i could stil do with some mods for the bodyroll. I was considering springs then an antiroll bar? Still cheaper than coilovers by about £200! and with that £200 buy some braces and still have £100 change :thumbsup:

My last car had strut-bracing as standard :)

oh how I miss the ultra-crisp turn in to a corner :( I think thats my biggest peeve about the Yaris - I dont mind the ~105bhp at all, I love 'working' the gearbox & engine along a country road, but the cornering is leaving so much to be desired.

I half think I should just save up and buy an Integra Type-R :lol: too unrefined though, there'd be days where I'd hate such a car!

So, I think doing what Woody is doing is what i'll do - S-Tech for now and see if I still want things to be a bit stiffer.

Strut-bracing would definately tighten things up further though but front-bracing = more understeer, and rear = chopping the interior up a bit, which is bad for re-sale :(

front and rear together is good :D Plus moffmo is selling some Tein's coupled with koni damper adjustable shocks atm. Maybe a good settle between the two? I think he was after about £200-250 for the full set? O and the rear strut brace requires NO chopping of interior (i have one fitted). All you do is remove the plastic covers for the top of the rear struts and it sits there. No damage as the covers are supposed to be removed for access to struts anyway! :P

Matt may also sell the springs seperate incase you didnt want the shocks. He also has a strut brace for sale so could bundle it all up! Tbh second hand will save you penny's and you wont notice the difference!

No chopping?! that sounds awfully like my mates 6th gen Celica then

:wub: Toyota

bye bye wallet... :yes:

insurance company want a whopping £25 admin fee for the lowering :P they dont increase premium at all :) (I'm with Herts Insurance Consultants)

:edit:

email sent to Envy for a quote :) ...and so it begins I suppose