Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes

Tuned_Up_T-Sport

Hey all i just had a service done and they said in a few thousand miles ill need new front discs n pads so i thought id upgrade while i was at it, he was going to get me some EBC ones because they get a discount there, BUT they dont do a kit and apparently not many people do i dont want bigger brakes ( cant be bothered with the hassle ) just slotted/drilled discs and performance pads....

Any ideas people :help:

chears

3g discs with either endless pads but they are expensive, or ebc pads which are a lot cheaper and quite a few people recommend them.

try envy for them

How much of a difference does this sort of thing make?

and do you have to declare it to the ins. company, because I dont really see it as an 'upgrade' per se, more of a different brand of, well - a consumable item on the car.

Its not like you have to declare sporty tyres (even if you were mad and stuck toyo R888's on for a hundred miles sheer enjoyment :lol: ) - are 'consumables' exempt?

Must admit I dont mind the performance of my brakes (think they are great, actually!) but I'd like an improved pedal feel, so one day i'll be on the blower to them declaring some braided lines and looking forward to a wonderfully inflated premium :P

well I went for a bit of a long-way-home after fuelling up tonight and I think the standard brakes are pretty cool..

my main gripe with the car under braking was its suspension (yet again.. - tis the thing I hate most about the Yaris!)

the nose is pointing at the floor & the back end is in the air practically, doesn't feel too stable.

I think braided lines will make the pedal feel slightly nicer - better feedback, as it'll be stiffer :)

cant wait for Envy to email me back with those prices on the stech springs and that, :help: will buy as soon as I know what strut-braces are available from what makes. if the S-Tech had a normal price, not £0.00 i'd buy on their website :P

chears guys ill have my mechanic ( lol posh hed ) have a look in 4 me ...

:lol:.. it happens with age ;)

Anyway.. remembered now and contacted him.. be the end of the month (if i still have them... cost me 110.. sell for 80.. never fitted.

Another plug :lol:

are they the same size as standard discs cos im not looking for bigger ones its too much work for the cause just want same size but better performance discs plus i want same all round so could u make a ***** up on some rear ones please lol :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links