Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Seals

woody890

I have had 6 new window seals on the passenger side window of my yaris t3.

I have contacted toyota on several occasions but I have never had a reply.

It will be going in for its 7th in next few weeks.

Has anyone had this much trouble,and anyone any ideas how to get this sorted.

what problems have you had to have 6 new window seals.

leaky seals perhaps?

Its a common Yaris issue if it is that....

Have you tried going to a new dealer and getting them to replace it - maybe its just shoddy repair jobs at your current dealer?

what problems have you had to have 6 new window seals.

They keep peeling away from the bodywork,

leaky seals perhaps?

Its a common Yaris issue if it is that....

Have you tried going to a new dealer and getting them to replace it - maybe its just shoddy repair jobs at your current dealer?

It peels away from the bodywork.

I have had 3 replaced at one dealer and 3 times at a different dealer, but they dont seem to be able to solve the problem

i had the same problem with my yaris too, it seems a very common problem. Have had both sides redone once. The rubber/plastic they use seems to warp and reshape away from the bodywork.

My cars out of warrenty now though so i'm going to leave it, if i don't think about it it's not a problem. ( there is no spoon ! :P )

i had the same problem with my yaris too, it seems a very common problem. Have had both sides redone once. The rubber/plastic they use seems to warp and reshape away from the bodywork.

My cars out of warrenty now though so i'm going to leave it, if i don't think about it it's not a problem. ( there is no spoon ! :P )

I've had 10 in 4 years. The last time it was repaired they said it was something to do with the shape of the inner rubber which sits inside the door runner. Mine is an electric window. They said it was a design fault with this rubber. They repalced it with the new design but the problem has come back again!

I had the same problem about a year ago.

I noticed it when I got up to 60mph, the cockpit sounded really windy even though the windows were shut.

After advice fron this forum I took it to Toyota Inchape Kidlington, they said it's not covered unde rwarranty.

I saod "oh yeah it is" after I said this 6 times they went away to check, to come back and say "oh yeah, it is"

so they changed the two front door seals, now it's been fine.

so thanks to you guys on this here forum, I got the work done.

• 1 month later...

I recently noticed that the seals around the windows have started to peel off!

Has anyone managed to fix this problem without taking it to a garage? I was thinking of some high strength super glue but something like Araldite may just corrode the seal.

Anyone have any ideas?

I wouldn't reccomend using glue, but i've got the same problem on my T3. I thought i could do it myself but when taking off the door panel i realised its a job for toyota! My problem is the driver door seals at the top left have peeled away and now collect water and gunk!

My drivers side door seal came adrift (the one the window butts up to when closed) after about 1 year. Toyota in Watford (Curry Motors) were pathetic - kept saying they'd replaced it but in fact had done nothing. It appears that the z-shaped clip has flexed somewhat and no longer stays in the bracket on the door so there is a permanent curve in the seal. Might stay in place with some double-sided tape for number plates though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links