Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hey Honey I’m Home…

TheNissanMan

Well after a couple of years of retirement I’m back. From posts and rumours that have been floating around over recent months it’s time to get TOC back on track and return it to the enjoyable environment that we all know and love.

A lot of people have mentioned that there is no accountability or a voice that is online enough to answer queries or act as a voice for the club. I’ve personally spent more than a good few hours on the phone today with Steve about the club, where it’s been, where it is, and of course where it’s going. There are a lot of rumours about all sorts floating around at the moment which are getting out of hand, hopefully we’ll be able to put those rumours to bed, add some structure to the club and get things back to where they should be.

I’m coming back in an attempt to add a voice and a face which people can ask questions and get replies from in line with the other Moderators, and the people who donate their time to help run the club.

If you feel that there is any over-moderation or you feel that any member of the moderation team has over stepped the mark please contact me with any grievances and I’ll see what we can do through Steve, the same applies if you see any threads removed…

The club is made from all members contributions whether it be paid or posted, if anybody has any queries the Senior Moderators will try and answer them as quickly and effectively as possible, if anybody wants to drop me a query my email address is ryan@toyotaownersclub.com (to be activated shortly), I’ll be more than happy to answer any questions I can.

Steve is still running the club and carrying out a lot of work behind the scenes, people have mentioned that he is online but not responding to posts, you would be surprised how much work is required in running a club of this size, while balancing a full time job, a pregnant wife and health issues, the Moderation Team will be playing a greater part in the visible running of the club and trying to ensure all members get the most out of TOC and the responses they are after….

TOC will remain to be family orientated on the main forum and posts which do attempt to counter the swear filter will be edited, we do ask that you don’t even attempt it as it makes more unnecessary work for an already busy team.

TOC Gold will remain to be a no holds barred area where people can post, if you are viewing Gold with a family present please note there is more than likely to be adult content present although the numerous discount areas are all family friendly, I would suggest all non-discount areas be treated as NWS.

Sorry for this being a post and a half but thought I had better put a proper post in to say hello and why I was coming back into the fold….

Ryan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• Demonic Angel

• Caz SR

• jaxx

Hello babe... I hear you're super.... :lol::lol:

Congratulations on the promotion... sorry I ate most of the ice cream but you were on the phone to Steve for an incredibly long time and I got bored! ;)

Anything to help TOC out of this mini-rut is a good thing IMO - lets get TOC back to the TOC of oldie and goodie! :thumbsup:

Brilliant, congratulations. Hopefully with some extra hands on board any issues wont esculate like they have been doing recently & we can get the TOC back that we all love.

If us normal members can be of any assistance give us a shout & we'll do what we can :thumbsup:

Welcome back Ryan :D

Hopefully you'll be able to spark a new lease of life in here...

Just dont let the refound power go to your head lol ;) :P :lol:

Nice job on the promotion Ryan :thumbsup:

Just don't let that girlfriend of yours log in under your name or your new title could be made even harder :P :lol: :!Removed!:

Em's not up here that often (unfortunately) but now Mod will only be me posting under my name, we'll make sure of that one :D

Does this mean that threads will no longer just be DELETED and move now into the boxed section.

Ryan the Saviour of TOC eh? :help:

...the Moderation Team will be playing a greater part in the visible running of the club…

In my opinion Moderators are here to do just that, Moderate. Not answer political questions or be seen to be running TOC. That's a Manager's role.

I've never understood the Mod hierarchy anyway. Why are there 'Super Moderators' and 'Normal Moderators'?

Sorry Ryan, I can appreciate you're trying to help Steve out, but I think this move has been a little misguided. Moderators (no matter how super) shouldn't be PR agents.

I've always thought holding open elections for new Moderators (as other clubs do) is a good system. If your role is to be as described, I cannot help feeling you should have been made a Manager / Spokesperson not Moderator. I can see why some people do not appreciate this latest development.

No need to be all negative.

Seems like its the current mods who have a problem.. :blink:

Doesnt really bother the normal people lol

There`re `normal' people here????? Blimey :rolleyes:

And well done Ryan. Any help to keep TOC & all those associated with it in good health is a good thing. :yes:

If it helps the club to get back on track I dont see what the problem is, Im not saying that Ryan is going to sort the club out and all its problems but it cant do it any harm. :P :D

Moderators should do their job properly, and not be so negative against peeps, but when known trouble makers ;) make silly comments (not naming names) it should be dealt with and not allowed to escelate, because it looks bad for the club when it becomes a slanging match.

Just my two pence worth :thumbsup:

Ash.

If it helps the club to get back on track I dont see what the problem is, Im not saying that Ryan is going to sort the club out and all its problems but it cant do it any harm. :P :D

Moderators should do their job properly, and not be so negative against peeps, but when known trouble makers ;) make silly comments (not naming names) it should be dealt with and not allowed to escelate, because it looks bad for the club when it becomes a slanging match.

Ash.

That was 5p`s worth by my book. But 5p well spent. :D

Ash.

That was 5p`s worth by my book. But 5p well spent. :D

Thanks Dak :group-cuddles:

Seems to me like TOC can't win....

Trouble brews and people whinge....

Someone steps in to help - and people still whinge! :rolleyes:

:lol: Just ask ryan why he gave up being a supermod before and then you might understand why some people see this as being a joke :angry:

Seems to me like TOC can't win....

Trouble brews and people whinge....

My post is not whinging about Ryan stepping up to help Em.

What I am saying is that I don't think a Moderator role is appropriate for what Ryan is setting out to achieve. I just don't think Moderators should be involved in the politics or day to day management of TOC. They are in place fundamentally to make sure posts/members do not contradict the Ts & Cs of the site. Not to answer political questions or membership issues. Surely that's a Management or Spokespersons role otherwise you have a conflict of interest.

It just seems an odd choice to introduce another Super Mod when one of the main points was about over-moderating too. I think a consultation on who members would like to nominate and have as a spokesperson may have helped.

Be assured this is nothing personal. ;)

Wasnt aimed at you Caz, just the general consensus of people whinging that Steve is trying to sort TOC out, so offered this to Ryan who was happy to help out wherever he could....

But both Leeky & Bibbs have stepped down from their respective roles.... so I would say that a new mod is needed to replace them at least....

From what I gather, Ryans role will be more hands on than a normal mod, and this was discussed with Steve when they spent god-knows-how-many-hours on the phone to each other yesterday afternoon (I got bored, lost count! :lol: )

Steve still runs the show, Ryan just helps him out answering queries and the like.... thats what I gather anyway. :yes:

I just think a little positivity is needed from members about this.... if he does a god-awful job at the end of it all, then you can say what you want....

But give him (and Steve for that matter) a chance to redeem themselves and make TOC good again

This has nothing to do with my personal feelings towards Ryan, I'd do the same for anyone who took on the job - lets get behind them, believe in TOC and actually be positive that things should hopefully change! :thumbsup: Otherwise nothing ever will change, the back-stabbing and biting will get worse and TOC will go from bad to worse....

Some PMA please people!!! B)

I really couldn't care less if he does a role that should be done by Management or not, if he's happy to do jobs that help Steve out while making this a better place for every1, is it of any importance whether he's classed as Management or a Mod?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links