Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Honey I’m Home…

TheNissanMan

I really couldn't care less if he does a role that should be done by Management or not, if he's happy to do jobs that help Steve out while making this a better place for every1, is it of any importance whether he's classed as Management or a Mod?

Yes, because in my opinion the Moderator structure as it stands should not be involved in club politics.

Think about when the issues arised - most of us were aware that the Moderators had their own issues with the club and were asking for answers behind the scenes and didn't get them, through no fault of their own.

If the Moderator structure is to change and all of them are now accountable for answering political & PR questions, with an equal share of information from the Management, fair enough.

I just don't see how you can moderate people and still be an unbiased go-between.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• Demonic Angel

• Caz SR

• jaxx

Im just gonna keep an eye on things... see what happens...

There are sentiments in both parties I agree with and will have to see how it pans out...

Seems like its the current mods who have a problem.. :blink:

Don't generalize Mat i don't have a problem :no:

All i want is for TOC to get back to how it was around 18months ago,

everyone getting along and not moaning all the while ;)

How about instead of moaning put some contructive ideas to Ryan about the club.

kimi x

Right, well there's an interesting return :D

OK I'm not here to become the saviour of the club as some suggested, just as another helping hand to see what we can do.

A couple of points were made in this thread which I think deserve a quick answer.

Andy, last time I stepped down was due to the fact that I knew I was changing jobs and moving house and would not have internet access for a considerable amount of time. I also felt it would be unfair to remain tagged as Super Mod if I was not going to be logging on for months on end when the position should be taken by someone who has time to offer to the club, something I still believe to be the case and a position I now find myself in. Personally, I've never deleted a post but boxed it, that way if a thread is boxed in error or another mod disagree's with the boxing it can be put back in place (eg the duplicate post yesterday that now appears in there).

All Mod's are involved in Club politics to a certain extent as they have to help run the club and by the pure nature of their roles enforce rules set out within the Terms & Conditions, thats not politics, thats moderating, in terms of answering questions, if a question is posted and somebody knows the answer then why can't they, is that any different than what happens on a daily basis about cars on the forum?

As per changing the structure, people are complaining one minute about there being no structure and then complaining that we'll be trying to add some to the club, which is it to be.

What would be really useful is some constructive comments as to how people would like the club to change or what people think can be done to get back on track (although keeping it realistic would be nice).

Some people may not like the fact I am back on the moderation team to try and help a club I have been a member of for nearly 4 years, personally it doesn't bother me, the club has T's & C's which have always governed the way it's run, they have been updated over time to allow for the clubs growth and in line with suggestions put forward by members, trouble does seem to stem from a few key members which is always the way, hopefully we'll start to see a change in TOC that returns it to where we want it to be but needs everyones input and idea's...

For those that said WB, thanks :D

pass it here i'll blow it for you.

Oooh, oooh oooh, i love a good blow!

All this !Removed! is exactly why i quit my last job... there's too much politics and too much beaurocratic crap stopping what's important. My last job was in a school and the amount of lessons I had to cover because teachers were busy observing or being observed, or having to do this paper-work or go to this interview or re-apply for this post or that post... it all got in the way of what's important... teaching the !Removed! kids, hence why education is failing and 'youths' are getting out of control.

It's no different on this forum... too much form-filling, too much attention-seeking, too much politics and a lack of structure where nobody knows what the frigs going on... therefore the 'kids' (the members) aren't getting what they deserve... a fun, free, inviting and informative club.

Let's lose the crap and just be a car club, how hard is that??

And moderation of the amateur dramatics would be wonderful, not moderation of the decent arguments.

Cripes!

I just post on this club cause I find it helpful, informative and sometimes fun. It's not a way of life, or my job, It is my most visited site.

If I dont like a thread I dont read it. If I have somethign to say I post it.

It's been that simple since I joined. :thumbsup:

If you are back with energy and enthusiasm then welcome back dude

Well it's good to see a replacement for the two Mod's who stepped down recently and you've been here a while too - just had to laugh at the fact you don't actually own a Toyota anymore :lol:

Nothing meant by that btw, I know Bibbs had a Honda too - it's just a bit ironic that on a Toyota site you have Nissans :P

BTW, still want some of that Toffoc that you had at JAE :thumbsup:

just had to laugh at the fact you don't actually own a Toyota anymore :lol:

I'm sure he'll be in the Toyota way very soon.... ;)

just had to laugh at the fact you don't actually own a Toyota anymore :lol:

I'm sure he'll be in the Toyota way very soon.... ;)

Always good to hear - not a MK1 MR2 by any chance? ;)

Quite possibly if he finds one he likes....

Other than that I think he quite fancies an AE86 ;)

Its either that or share a Helios Blue AW11* :lol::lol::thumbsup:

*Look into my eyes Ryan, the eyes the eyes, not around the eyes, into the eyes.... and you're under. You will purchase a Mk1 MR2 in Helios Blue, you will not fancy a white one, nor an AE86... you will want the Helios Blue goodness and love it and caress it and love it some more and in doing so will let me drive it predominently.... and... your back in the room :P

Blue, lost track of the number of Toyota's I've owned, numerous MR2's Mk1's and 2's, remember an old celica in there at some point and probably a couple of others, still sell toyota's in a manner of words (first repeat customers being a pair of toyota's!!)...

At the end of the day on TOC does it really matter which car you drive as long as your best interests are for the club and nowt else :D

I've been a member of TOC since pretty much day one, ok I've had some spells away where I have not had net access etc but always been in the background...

Blue, lost track of the number of Toyota's I've owned, numerous MR2's Mk1's and 2's, remember an old celica in there at some point and probably a couple of others, still sell toyota's in a manner of words (first repeat customers being a pair of toyota's!!)...

At the end of the day on TOC does it really matter which car you drive as long as your best interests are for the club and nowt else :D

I've been a member of TOC since pretty much day one, ok I've had some spells away where I have not had net access etc but always been in the background...

Yeah I know you've had them in the past ;) like I said didnt mean anything nasty just that I noticed it.

Ive nothing vested in any of the problems that people are currently experiencing as such... nothing i couldnt lose really that would make me lose sleep. I have nothing to gain by being honest about my experience, again nothing that would make any significant diference to what I already have....

I had a problem logging into the public forums yesterday and emailed steve regarding that problem. Within hours steve had looked into the problem, ascertained that my account was looking ok with no problems and suggested another thing to check.

Steve certainly did care enough about my problem to get onto it and look into things and this is a piece of evidence that Steve is working to keep TOC up and running.

Kind of accordingly....

Lets just let Rhaines have some time to get into his role and see what happens... he may actually do some good for the club. I really cant see someone who owns the club and is trying to improve matters(Steve) just faffing about making choices without any good reasons.

Best of British Rhaines :thumbsup:

Regards

Jinxed :)

Well I cant remember what the old TOC was like but dont have a problem with the new one, so can some enlighten me as to WHAT exactly needs addressing??

I know there is a group of people who dont take kindly to critism but I kinda like the die hard Toyota attitude, just sometimes dont agree with it!

Rhaines I salute you! Nice to see!

*Look into my eyes Ryan, the eyes the eyes, not around the eyes, into the eyes.... and you're under. You will purchase a Mk1 MR2 in Helios Blue, you will not fancy a white one, nor an AE86... you will want the Helios Blue goodness and love it and caress it and love it some more and in doing so will let me drive it predominently.... and... your back in the room :P

mr2 mkI about £500???

AE86 about £5000???

lol

mr2 mkI about £500???

AE86 about £5000???

lol

*Cough* :eek:

£500?? Only if ya don't mind a bit of rust Chris :P

mr2 mkI about £500???

AE86 about £5000???

lol

Mint MR2 is gonna be more than 500 smackers mate :lol:

And in that case, I dont mind having that and he can have his AE86.... I'm easy! :lol::lol: