Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Braking Problem

ooch12

Hi,

Has anybody experienced a problem with the T-sport snaking from side to side when braking? The problem seems to be intermittent i.e it may not happen for months and then all of a sudden it just happens once. It's my girlfriends car so don't know it inside out but it feels as though the electronic brake distribution system (The t-sport does have one doesn't it?) loses the plot. It's only happened once to me and at the time I was on a gently sweeping bend and wasn't even braking hard. I tried to recreate it several times after this but nothing. My girlfriend has had it happen when braking progressively in a straight line and it is frightening.

Could this fault be picked up by a diagnostic? Don't want to go to toyota only for the mechanic to take it for a drive and it perform perfectly as it does 99% of the time.

The car is on an 05 plate and was bought from new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think there is a real risk of driving the thing off the road if/when it happens again.

Sounds very much like tram lining.

Having low profile and directional tyres I’ve noticed tram lining more so on my T Sport than any other car.

If the wheels find a grove or rut in the road they will stick to it, so when you brake it feels like the car is going off at a tangent. It’s a weird feeling.

I had a bad one recently where I thought and it felt like only one brake calliper was working and I had to move my steering wheel back to position that I wanted to face.

Iv had it a few times... no great shakes, it's happened to me if i've braked too hard (like slamming on at 60mph on very nice twisty routes for corners) or the road surface is loose or slimey... Just lift off the pedal slightly then re-apply if needed.

Thanks for the replies

It's Definitely not tram lining, I have a civic type-r with the same potenza's but lower profile and that tramlines but you can still control it by holding the steering wheel against the direction of pull . The T-sport tramlining is the same but milder. This was something different altogether. It was like losing control of the whole car but I wasn't on a sharp bend or even braking hard. Holding the steering straight didn't do anything. Could the EBD by applying the brakes wrong due to some sort of malfunction? i.e It thinks the car is on a sharp bend so applies more force to one of the brakes which in reality throws the car off balance?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links