Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another De-cat Question

Matty

Will the car run in limp mode with a de-cat on, even it both sensors are plugged back into the car?

Also would it be worth just having one pipe to replace the midsection and cat, then have the threads drilled in for the O2 sensors?

even if the sensors are connected the engine check light will be on, as your car will be telling you theres a fault with the cat, eventhough you won't have a cat, but the emissions will be higher and it picks up on that.

Have a work with Kevin @ envy, i'm sure they do something so you can reconnect the sensors and get rid of the light,

I have the envy decat and centre section, the light is on obviously but runs fine, it is very loud though ask charlie :lol:

no cat........check

no sensors..check

engine light..check

as long as you look after the car, it should be ok matt.

enything goes wrong and you dont really need a light to tell you, its pretty obvious, but every month or so i check on the OBD to see if there is any faults or not.

The car that RayWong has had a decat and no warning lights - the guy that had it before him Drb5, did a bit of research and found a replacment sensor and had that fitted. If you do a search you'll eventually find the details in his post way back.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links