Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ae92 Rev Meter Too High

Ptr1

Hi all, I'm curious about my corolla ae92 reving way to high when the engine is cold, It revs at 2000rpm, sometimes even 2100 and drops to about 1000 after about 5mins on warm engine. My mate has the same car but his doesn't seem to have this problem. I'm not sure if its a problem or if its suppose to be like this. Can anyone help?

Its fine it is the automatic choke doing its job. In winter it may even rev higher than that when starting up from cold.

Its fine it is the automatic choke doing its job. In winter it may even rev higher than that when starting up from cold.

Cheers mate, Just one last question, Why does my mates car not do this? Is there a problem with his one?

Cheers mate, Just one last question, Why does my mates car not do this? Is there a problem with his one?

Not too sure, im guessing his engine is running fine? When your looking at his idle is the car cold (ie it has been parked overnight?). GTi's idle is usually anywhere between 700-1000rpm when warmed up.

Not too sure, im guessing his engine is running fine? When your looking at his idle is the car cold (ie it has been parked overnight?). GTi's idle is usually anywhere between 700-1000rpm when warmed up.

When the engine is cold, his car only revs to about 1300rpm for about a min then drops to 700rpm. Mine drops to 1000. I think his radiator is damaged which is why his 1 drops so early but I'm not to sure why his only revs to 1300 on a cold engine.