#1 Ptr1

Ptr1

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Toyota Model: corolla gti

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hi all, I'm curious about my corolla ae92 reving way to high when the engine is cold, It revs at 2000rpm, sometimes even 2100 and drops to about 1000 after about 5mins on warm engine. My mate has the same car but his doesn't seem to have this problem. I'm not sure if its a problem or if its suppose to be like this. Can anyone help?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 L4AGZE

L4AGZE

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Corolla Gti AE92

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

Its fine it is the automatic choke doing its job. In winter it may even rev higher than that when starting up from cold.

#3 Ptr1

Ptr1

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

Its fine it is the automatic choke doing its job. In winter it may even rev higher than that when starting up from cold.

Cheers mate, Just one last question, Why does my mates car not do this? Is there a problem with his one?

#4 L4AGZE

L4AGZE

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Corolla Gti AE92

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

Cheers mate, Just one last question, Why does my mates car not do this? Is there a problem with his one?

Not too sure, im guessing his engine is running fine? When your looking at his idle is the car cold (ie it has been parked overnight?). GTi's idle is usually anywhere between 700-1000rpm when warmed up.

#5 Ptr1

Ptr1

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

Not too sure, im guessing his engine is running fine? When your looking at his idle is the car cold (ie it has been parked overnight?). GTi's idle is usually anywhere between 700-1000rpm when warmed up.

When the engine is cold, his car only revs to about 1300rpm for about a min then drops to 700rpm. Mine drops to 1000. I think his radiator is damaged which is why his 1 drops so early but I'm not to sure why his only revs to 1300 on a cold engine.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users