Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Upgrade On My Yaris

yaris781

Hi

i just recently installed a full screen colour navigation in my yaris. the system was previously fitted in my corolla which i have now sold

i think it looks brilliant

any comments appreciated

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

post-21587-1156465122_thumb.jpg

I don't think it goes :unsure:

How about I buy it off you :P ;) !

Nice bit of kit - how much did you buy it for and is it actually any good? Operation/Sat Nav etc?

Plus Woody it is on, they have blanked the picture

Wow that looks really nice! Beats the old mk 1 yaris by miles lol!

I agree with you there :thumbsup:

Are you getting ideas for your new Yaris then Steve? ;)

Are you getting ideas for your new Yaris then Steve? ;)

I have a few ideas for some minor cosmetic "enhancements" ;)

Not long to wait now.............DVLA have already sent me my registration certificate.

Looks great - does it work ok? I have the TNS 310 in mine, which is pretty boring with the tiny screen. Full colour is the way forward!

That looks wicked!

How did you get the dash off? I want to get mine off to sort my hands free kit out!

Looks so much better than the standard stereo!

:thumbsup:

hi everyone thanks for all your comments

right the unit was originally fitted in my corolla which i sold

originally there was no dash surround available here to replace the standard system

i had it specially imported from the states as the new yaris there is fitted with a double din system. took 3 days to arrive.

works fantastic

the dash is easy to strip you pull the two strips on the side off

pull the speedo cluster out, four screws on the stereo bracket and thats it.

as far i'm aware there is no replacement surround available here to replace the standard stereo so if you want to replace it you will need the us version fits straight in

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

if you would like to see the pics pm me as i can't post them on here for some reason

I got as far as removing the screws for the radio but it seems to be stuck in like concrete, i pulled quite hard and it didn't budge!

Any tips?

I got as far as removing the screws for the radio but it seems to be stuck in like concrete, i pulled quite hard and it didn't budge!

Any tips?

don't see why it didnt come out should slide out easily after u take screws off

Do you have the aprt number on the receipt for the double din part you got from the states?

i don't i'm afraid but i didn't use any part number as double din surround is satndard in the yaris in the states

Yeh i know its standard, but every part has a part number

no sorry i don't have part number, but i can get you the surround if you want pm me

Looks good, job well done! :thumbsup: Does the screen still slide down for the CD player behind?

works fine thanks cd slides down ok :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

hi

got new version yaris and wanted to change the oem stereo. can u tell me where u got dash surround from and is wiring same as previous yaris. i would like to fit a double din unit in mine

hi

got new version yaris and wanted to change the oem stereo. can u tell me where u got dash surround from and is wiring same as previous yaris. i would like to fit a double din unit in mine

:thumbsup: yes wiring is same. i got dash surround from the states. if u put double din in you wil have to replace the 2 vertical strips aswell pm me and i will give you full details

hi

:thumbsup: yes wiring is same. i got dash surround from the states. if u put double din in you wil have to replace the 2 vertical strips aswell pm me and i will give you full details

great have set you pm

thanks