Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Relocation Relocation

Drewa.d

K i've just fitted some teins and it sits mint. Anywho, next is an air filter ( alloys will have to wait :( ) Ive had a look on past posts and nobody can seem to agree which is the best one, so i will have to look further into, i can afford up to the envy performance 1. Anyway i just wondered if anybody could post up pics of their filters fitted plz wheather it be apexi, k&n, or envy's just so i can get an idea of how to relocate them, as we dont wnat them sucking in warm air do we!

Do you have to move the Battery?

Any help would be great, cheers!

apexi you have to move the Battery in it's standard location, but when it's relocated it's at the rear of the engine bay, but I would have thought this was a silly idea as the manifold is at the rear of the engine which gives off most of the heat, but the apexi has excellent filtration.

Envy induction kit is located down behind the front passenger headlight, but the alarm will need to be moved which is easy enough, but it's an excellent location for cold air, and it offers good filtration. Still waiting for mine to come.

K&N IMO is not worth the price.

Sounds good, and is located in a good position for cold air, but K&N's don't have very good filtration, although a few members who have them on here will disagree.

There are other filters out there but they are not really worth mentioning.

Your choice, but i'd say either apexi or envy.

i just wondered if anybody could post up pics of their filters fitted plz wheather it be apexi,

Do you have to move the battery?

Any help would be great, cheers!

Hiya

to relocate the Apexi you do need to turn the Battery and extend the wiring a little,

it then sits nicely in front of the Battery, with lots of cold air.

this is the only picture i've got left of it

gallery_8587_13_1110138033.jpg

to relocate the Apexi you do need to turn the battery and extend the wiring a little,

it then sits nicely in front of the battery, with lots of cold air.

You don't even need to extend the wiring... I haven't on mine and it's fine.

In it's standard location it sounds good but sucks in waaay to much hot air. A simple turn of the Battery and some silicone hose and it's perfect. Best for filtration by a long mile.

Envy system is also excellent... dry filter and relocated even further into the cold air.

K&N is well located, but the filtration is poor, it's a wet filter and there are too many bends in the pipework.

Just out of curiosity how can you get better cold air at the rear of the engine bay, when the rear of the engine bay is probably the hottest part of the car due to the heat coming from the manifold.

I know my engine bay gets really hot, that's why I decided with the envy kit.

K cheers for that think im gonna order up the envy performance filter up, (after insurance has been paid for :crybaby: ) Has anybody who has it attached a bit of pipe towards the filter? or does it sit low enough to get a good source of cold air?

Has anybody got any pics of the envy fitted to their car???

1 last question which sounds better the envy or the apexi? :D

Thanks again

I don't think many have the envy kit.

I've been told it's a 2 week waiting for the envy kit, and i've just changed from the envy kit and ordered an apexi, as looking at my car earlier it's going to be a bugger to fit, but some say it's easy.

armored... the Apexi's standard location is poor, the re-location moves it to the FRONT. Not the rear... it sits about 2" higher than the Envy one.

armored... the Apexi's standard location is poor, the re-location moves it to the FRONT. Not the rear... it sits about 2" higher than the Envy one.

After browsing some pics last night to help me fit mine, I realised it was relocated to the front.

Just so many people have relocated their apexi I thought the standard location was at the front.

Any idea if it can go down behind the radiator, would that be a better location than behind the headlight.

Any idea if it can go down behind the radiator, would that be a better location than behind the headlight.

:lol: it will suck in more hot air if you put it there !

the wind blowing through the rad will be red hot by the time it gets to your filter.

When the Battery is turned there is a hole in the flitch,where the Battery was, it lets lovely cold air in :yes:

For those of you who have relocated your apexi can you tell me where is the best place to buy some silicone hosing to connect the apexi to the throttle body, as most places are selling 1m long lenghts and I don't see the point in buyng such a big length for such a small piece.

Also what size do I need

And what do I need and where can I buy something from to extend the negative wire on the Battery

thanks

For those of you who have relocated your apexi can you tell me where is the best place to buy some silicone hosing to connect the apexi to the throttle body, as most places are selling 1m long lenghts and I don't see the point in buyng such a big length for such a small piece.

Also what size do I need

thanks

hiya,

seems as you live in north wales i'd say demon tweeks, not the cheapest but they will do it.

if you have a local smaller motorsport place they should be able to get it too,

its been 18months since i did mine i think it was 60mm bore with a 55mm reducer inside,

but you will have to check, i do remember you will need a reducer.

That is made by putting a bit of hose inside a larger bit at one end.

The hose is usually sold in 4 or 5 inch bits

earpl sorted mine... he had some spare hose from his work. Instead of a reducer, we glued rubber 'wadding' onto the throttle body end and slid the hose over that.

ive got the envy kit and in my opinion its a very high quality piece of kit, took me 3 months to get tho! but was worth the wait, plus i did not have to move my alarm i just about eased it in but it is tight.

Also what size do I need

And what do I need and where can I buy something from to extend the negative wire on the battery

thanks

hmmmm...i just cut up my original piping, but i wasnt worried about any warranty stuff seeing as i modified a brand new car. lucky i got an original one before i sold it though ;)

relocating it was a peice of pie, 1hr, a sheet of aliminiuim and a drill. took me and my mate an hour to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links