Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodbye Carlo Blue Crew

Red Yaris 54

As many of you probably know, my forum name was chosen just before I bought my previous Yaris T3 in Carlo Blue, because I originally wanted a Red Yaris.

Well, after two years of totally trouble free motoring in the T3 I have finally taken delivery today of my New Yaris Ion in Chilli Red.

This means of course that I must leave the"Carlo Blue Crew" ................thanks to all the crew for two years of great fun and friendship :group-cuddles:

It also means that, at last I have a "RED" Yaris :lol:

I have not had time to post any pics yet as I have been rather busy "welcoming" my new car, with its remarkably nippy 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine and rasping exhaust note which I love.

The dealer really came up with the whole works, (Bottle of wine, Nice heavy Yaris key ring, complimentary Yaris carpet set.

My Yaris is safely locked away in my garage for the night.....................I look forward to fitting one or two "cosmetic" extras over the weekend.

Now...........[Thinks].....is there a "Red Devils Crew" that I could join?? :lol::lol:

Steve - there will always be a seat in the Carlo Blue crew for you mate... you are an honourary member now! :thumbsup:

But wayhey - Red Yaris finally has a Red Yaris! :thumbsup:

Glad you're happy with it mate, post your pics up soon :yes:

Get those photos up Steve!

A guy at work took delivery of his brand new 1.3 T-Spirit today. It was nice :yes:

The Toyota Yaris - 4 out of 6 Product Designers prefer it!

:lol:

A

Time for a name change??? Blue Yaris 54..

Congratulations Steve.. hope you enjoy it :)

Hi Steve

Hey great news mate :thumbsup: I bet you must be really chuffed with t mate. Look forward to seen some pictures mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Her are some pics.......................apologies pics did not work....see further down

Nice one Steve :thumbsup:

your one of the 1st on the boards with a *new* yaris,

hope it's as good to you as your blue was.

kimi x

Well done mate, noticed the power increase over the other colours yet? :P It really is such a nice colour so congrats :D It actually looks quite nice overall in the picture aswell (From someone who isn't really that big a fan of the new shape!) So what are these cosmetic mods you have up your sleeve? I hope painted Wingmirrors is one :P

Congrats

I always said that RED cars went faster...............but I am built for comfort....not for speed :lol:

Praise indeed from you Woody, for one who is known to be critical :P..... (I am not worthy :lol: )

The "cosmetic" enhancements do not at the moment include painting the mirrors as I actually think that the black blends in well with the other trim...(grille etc.)

I have already installed: Front Mudflaps, Metal doorsill scuff plates, TOC GOLD Member sticker and will be putting on my aluminium tax disc holder and tyre pressure guard caps later this weekend (or when it stops raining :D )

Hope to be able to make it to the Oxford meet..................It really depends if I get a better offer ;) :P

Very nice mate :thumbsup: Yes you are right mate red cars are faster lol I trust you are going to take care of here mate ;)

jerry!!

Kev: I'll settle for the forum name as its more accurate than its ever been :D

Not had an opportunity to really "press on" with it yet but the gearbox is super smooth and precise and the low down and medium torque is amazing (for a 1.0 litre)

The finish and build quality is everything I would expect from a Toyota.

I have now done over 120 miles and my fuel computer currently is showing average MPG at 54.4 (I appreciate that may not be all that accurate as I have been taking it steady and not exceeding 4000 - 4500 RPM if possible).

The engine feels very willing to give much more and as said before the exhaust note from the 3 cylinder engine is an awesome sounding rasp.

Jerry: It's a real deep bright red colour and should polish up well...............(Yours does :lol: )

I certainly will take great care of it.............I think I have made the right choice :yes:

I wonder if you can buy a can of new car smell lol

Apparently you can mate.... Halfords sell it I think! :lol::lol:

Steve - 120 miles in 2 days.... that was a loooooong drive! :thumbsup:

Mainly 20 - 30 miles at a time.................but it is great fun to drive and surprisingly I do not miss the MMT as much as I thought I would ;)

I always said that RED cars went faster...............but I am built for comfort....not for speed :lol:

Praise indeed from you Woody, for one who is known to be critical :P..... (I am not worthy :lol: )

The "cosmetic" enhancements do not at the moment include painting the mirrors as I actually think that the black blends in well with the other trim...(grille etc.)

I have already installed: Front Mudflaps, Metal doorsill scuff plates, TOC GOLD Member sticker and will be putting on my aluminium tax disc holder and tyre pressure guard caps later this weekend (or when it stops raining :D )

Hope to be able to make it to the Oxford meet..................It really depends if I get a better offer ;) :P

Ah well you get 5bhp just by adding the TOC Gold sticker! :thumbsup:

Congratulations. Looks great. Lovely feeling when you get a new car isn't it?

'Magic Tree' do a new car smell fragrance. There's one on my car right now!

but I am built for comfort....not for speed :lol:

I'm built the same way! :lol::lol:

Nooo, you must come to the Oxford Meet - I need to inspect this new Yaris, a bit like we did at the HQ Meet :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links