Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car/gaming Website For Toyota Owners

DarkAge

Hi all,

Ive made a non-commercial "gaming" website for Toyota owners and would like to tell the members of this board about it.

But before i do so, id like to know if members are allowed to post links here.

I beleive my site is based on a unique idea and will be positively accepted by the community of this board.

thanks in advance.

I certainly admire you for asking first, before simply giving a shameless plug.

Look forward to seeing it.

Members do post links to other sites, but they must be deemed 'non-offensive'. The posts are moderated, so if you did post a link that was unsavoury, the post will be deleted and you'll likely get a PM from a moderator giving you a bit of a spanking... depending how bad will determine if membership suspension is required!

But now that's out in the open, feel free to PM me the link first if you'd rather a second opinion! :thumbsup:

If it is a non-profit site it is ok to post a link to your site as long as TOC recieve a link from yours.

If it is a money making site any links would be removed :D

Put a link to ours on yours and give us the link, am interested to see what it's like :D

hi

Can you guarantee this game does not contain any virus or can do cookie stealing ?

Not accusing or anything.. just being weary as we have had similar things posted and Trojans were installed on members machines.

Id like to tell the community of this board about a new Toyota website : http://www.maxrevs.co.uk/cars/toyota

The website is not the typical ratemy site, but is based primarily on car battles, where members can challenge each other with their cars and battle for the best car. Battles are played by the members who vote for the best car (in their opinion). Once you have played and won a certain amount of battles you are allowed to enter a bigger and better battleground where only the best cars are: www.maxrevs.co.uk/cars/carbattles

Hope you like it and add you car. If you do add your car, make a link to this website in the extra field on the specification page.

Please do provide feedback - good or bad (just reply here).

Thanks in advance.

Steve >> no trojans/viruses etc. The site does use cookies as do 99% of websites where you can login . Im not sure what you mean with cookie stealing as its impossible to see other websites cookies

Rhaines >> I suggest every member add a link to this website. In this way this website will get multiple links from my website and not just one. Regarding the non-profit issue, its non-commercial as in im not selling and products or services. But the website does have adsense on, which is to cover the costs for registering 26+ domains (see the links at the top) . I just launched a month ago, so trust me no profit is being made. Let me know if you dont approve, and ill delete this message (or you can do so your self).

Please remember to provide feedback. Thanks.

Id like to tell the community of this board about a new Toyota website : http://www.ratemytoyota.net

The website is not the typical ratemy site, but is based primarily on car battles, where members can challenge each other with their cars and battle for the best car. Battles are played by the members who vote for the best car (in their opinion). Once you have played and won a certain amount of battles you are allowed to enter a bigger and better battleground where only the best cars are. More details here: http://www.carbattles.net

The Toyota section is somewhat empty, so to see a "demonstration" visit the BMW domain- http://www.ratemybmw.net or the Nissan domain- http://www.ratemynissan.net or the Subaru domain - http://www.ratemysubaru.net which has been positivly received from their respected communities.

Hope you like it and add you car. If you do add your car, make a link to this website in the extra field on the specification page.

Please do provide feedback - good or bad (just reply here).

Thanks in advance.

Steve >> no trojans/viruses etc. The site does use cookies as do 99% of websites where you can login . Im not sure what you mean with cookie stealing as its impossible to see other websites cookies

Rhaines >> I suggest every member add a link to this website. In this way this website will get multiple links from my website and not just one. Regarding the non-profit issue, its non-commercial as in im not selling and products or services. But the website does have adsense on, which is to cover the costs for registering 26+ domains (see the links at the top) . I just launched a month ago, so trust me no profit is being made. Let me know if you dont approve, and ill delete this message (or you can do so your self).

Please remember to provide feedback. Thanks.

26 Domains? Ouch - couldnt you have used subdomains instead?

Personally I'd reduce the size of the fonts/width of pages (they cause scrolling in 1024*768) and not have google ads on both sides of the page...

26 Domains? Ouch - couldnt you have used subdomains instead?

Personally I'd reduce the size of the fonts/width of pages (they cause scrolling in 1024*768) and not have google ads on both sides of the page...

I wanted everyone to feel at home within their own domain.

Thanks for the input regarding th resoultion, ill see what i can do.

A money saving idea would be to get the domain ratemycar.net and then create

toyota.ratemycar.net

bmw.ratemycar.net

nissan.ratemycar.net

Then you only pay for the ratemycar.net domain and can have a wildcard dns which will allow any ********.ratemycar.net.

Regarding cookie stealing, some ad services do this all the time. If adverts from a company appear on pages of two different sites, the company can correlate users on each and see who uses both. This happens all the time. You would for instance be able to create a database of users of multiple rate my car sites and see which users were common to all.

Paul.

A money saving idea would be to get the domain ratemycar.net and then create

toyota.ratemycar.net

bmw.ratemycar.net

nissan.ratemycar.net

Then you only pay for the ratemycar.net domain and can have a wildcard dns which will allow any ********.ratemycar.net.

Regarding cookie stealing, some ad services do this all the time. If adverts from a company appear on pages of two different sites, the company can correlate users on each and see who uses both. This happens all the time. You would for instance be able to create a database of users of multiple rate my car sites and see which users were common to all.

Paul.

I thought about this, and from you an economical point of view you are absolutely correct, somehow i still wanted it the other way. Cant explain, call it an impulse buy :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links