Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Envy Coilovers Fitted

clarky

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

Well having had the Yaris off the road for a couple of months to allow finances to re-adjust to a new job etc I needed an MOT.

I also needed a load of service stuff and was long overdue a trip to see my folks in scotland.

So after a 5am departure I arrived at Envy for my 9am MOT. 10am MOT'd we set about fitting the new Envy coilovers to the car.

Took about 3 hours including chatting and cups of tea to fit and boy what a difference.

Previously I was running on Tein springs and was really happy with them, but decided to give these new fully height adjustables a try. As soon as we let the car down on the lift I pushed onto the drivers side wing - rock solid.... time for a test drive.

Having set the drop to around 60mm I had a quick spin round the local roads checking for rubbing or grounding out - but nope - slammed and handling wonderfully, but no rubbing.

Whilst we were under the car we also performed a bit of exhaust surgery and the HKS 'banana/cucumber/silencer' thing came off. The result is definately louder, but smoother flowing and deeper too.

I mentioned I needed to see my folks? Well leaving Envy (complete with the worlds supply of service gear) I set off up the rest of the A1 onto edinburgh and then to Perth. Dual carriages for part of the way, but long open roads for most of the way. Getting towards Perth I turned off at Kinross and took the 'tourist route' the remainder of the way. Tight close turning bends and small roundabouts all the way... big smiles.

Return trip I made on the way down the M6 - I was slightly concerned about how stiff and uncomfortable the suspension might be on the long drive - some 400 miles, but it was fine.

The car feels like its had a new lease of life. The handling is rock solid and so so much tighter and firmer on the bends and corners. I've got to admit I wasnt overly impressed with the cars I tried with the Tein basic kits on - but these are the business.

I was having so much fun in fact that Ive now managed to finish off my already depleted front brake pads ... ah well...

Pictures to follow as soon as Ive scraped the assorted english/scotish wildlife from the front of the car and gotten it looking a little cleaner.

not bad price for what seems to be an amazing set up al be after some coilys next year like deffo......how much was your carbon bonnet bud?

im goin to rob ur car for a bit mate for a drive next time i see you :thumbsup:

as for the bonnet i should be gettin mine which is the same as clarkys in a couple of weeks. £525 from envy

Awesome, ill be on the phone to kevin very soon no doubt :D

glad your pleased with them dude :thumbsup: cars coming along very nicely indeed :drool:

Added a couple of pics to original post - new pads and discs ordered - so next weekend will be busy getting them on

Ah well that just leaves, new wheels, seats and a full respray before the serious stuff starts!

Sorry nope- didnt think to. Its basically just the cucmber thingy thats cut off and a plate welded over the hole. Not rocket science - but makes a difference.

Nice ride, take it u love going country roads now :D

Did u drop it 60mm all round ?

Whats your gound clearance like ? Been over any speedbumps yet ?

From wot I can see susp looks sweet as **** anodised blue :thumbsup:

Me wanty :(

I always did like country roads - but yep, it makes it all the more fun now!

Difficult to tell without measuring - but I reckon something like 60mm all around.

Speed bumps - well thats not too bad due to the springs being so much stiffer - theres less body roll and lean so the front doesnt catch.

Obviously it could ground out on the sills - but havent had that as an issue just yet.

Yup - its polished aluminium and anodised blue with black springs ... if it wasnt so low you could see more!

Looking good Lorne :thumbsup:

get it up in the air so we can all take a look at your coilys :yes:

Hah! That was way back during last summer - around the time the centre section went onto the exhaust and apexi went in rather than the HKS etc ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links