Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Did Som Noise Damping In My Yaris

anemo

The Toyota Yaris isn't directly a quite car and I thought that there must be ways to reduce the noise while driving. I bought some self adhesive damping sheets (made of bitumen) and rubber foam sheets. Then I removed the covers for the boot lid and the wheel arcs in the back of the car. Attaching them was really easy and there were plenty of "clean" metal to attach them to.

The added weight is maybe 1 or 2 kg but I think it's worth it because it made some difference. The next project is probably to give the doors the same treament. :thumbsup:

24603350972.jpg 24603350930.jpg

Click pictures for bigger ones

I added some dynamat to mine recently and its made a big difference. I used two sheets of matting around the spare wheel well (ie over the backbox) and did say 800miles over the last week. Ive no back seats and this has made things a lot less boomy on the Mway.

I added some dynamat to mine recently and its made a big difference. I used two sheets of matting around the spare wheel well (ie over the backbox) and did say 800miles over the last week. Ive no back seats and this has made things a lot less boomy on the Mway.

Where can you buy it from?

really nice job, I've always thought of doing it to my bonnet, but didn't know if it would make a difference.

but as I said Nice job. :thumbsup:

really nice job, I've always thought of doing it to my bonnet, but didn't know if it would make a difference.

but as I said Nice job. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I could post some pictures on the doors when they're ready if you guys are interested.

Some other projects:

Remove the orange domes in the front indicators

Change all indicator bulbs to leds

Paint the plastic in the headlights black

Paint the mirror housings

TO BE CONTINUED... ;)

I reckon the soundproofin under the bonnet makes more noise travel into the cabin ,,,

Very good point, I suppose it will contain the noise and vent it into the cabin.

hhmm nicely pointed out there Mr Clarky

Any chance of a picture of this clarky mate?

Mines quite boomy on Mway so would be good if this reduces it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links