Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Automatic Locking

jay dh

i came back from holiday after a week yesterday to find my car unlocked. when i moved it onto the drive (3am after 2h sleep) before going on holiday, i must have forgotten to lock it. oops. all contents are still there luckily

my stupidity aside, i thought the yaris locks after a certain period of time. could i have disabled it? how would i enable it if this exists? have i completely gone mad?

who says we dont live in a crime free society...

Dont know if this helps, but i only find it locks itself wen u unlock it and dont open to door for a couple of minutes, not wen u get out of it.

After you have locked your car and you accidentally unlock it by pressing the button on the key fob while it’s in your pocket for example, if the doors/bonnet/boot are untouched then the car will lock itself after approximately 30 seconds.

I find my car locks itself even if i open the boot after 30 secs it only doesnt lock itself again if i have put key in ignition!

I find my car locks itself even if i open the boot after 30 secs it only doesnt lock itself again if i have put key in ignition!

That surely is wrong.............opening any door should disable the autolock system

thanks

it would be great if toyota allowed the owner to select memory ability (i would select embarrassingly poor) and the car would auto lock after 30 secs in any condition

same happens here, if i unlock it with the remote, then open the boot, and not the doors, it auto locks its self

Yeah it's because the boot isn't on the same system as the doors! Hence why when you open soley the boot, the interior light doesnt come on. It's the same with the autolock, it only monitors the front 2 doors! Dilemna over :P

Yeah it's because the boot isn't on the same system as the doors! Hence why when you open soley the boot, the interior light doesnt come on. It's the same with the autolock, it only monitors the front 2 doors! Dilemna over :P

ooooo mr clever! lol

As said earlier.........it only relocks itself if you have previously unlocked it remotely and not opened the doors or (in my case) the hatchback for about 90 seconds.

That is to prevent you accidently unlocking it with the remote and walking away leaving it open.

If it makes any difference I see something totally different on my T-Sport:

If you get out of the car and close the door and do not lock it it auto locks after about 60secs. I know this all to well as I drive to my dads house, get out, close the door, start washing my car and the !Removed! alarm goes off when I start doing the windscreen because the doors are locked.

However, this ONLY happens when you engage the steering lock. No steering lock applied and no auto lock, steering lock applied and auto lock after 60 seconds no matter how many doors, boots and bonets you open

:D

That's how it works on mine.

what happens when you walk towards your car with your trolley full of shopping and press the keyfob to unlock it and open the boot and put your shopping in using both hands and wearing maybe a skirt with no pockets so put the keys just inside the boot right next to the rear suspension leg and then ,,,,can you see whats happening here, put the trolley back in the bay and slam the boot. hey presto the central locking has locked the doors again while you were putting the trolley in the trolley bay and you just slammed the boot closed with your keys inside. what happends then do toyota have a procedure for this.

As said earlier.........it only relocks itself if you have previously unlocked it remotely and not opened the doors or (in my case) the hatchback for about 90 seconds.

That is to prevent you accidently unlocking it with the remote and walking away leaving it open.

Yeah that's what happens on both our Yarii AFAIK - Phase 1 & 2..

what happens when you walk towards your car with your trolley full of shopping and press the keyfob to unlock it and open the boot and put your shopping in using both hands and wearing maybe a skirt with no pockets so put the keys just inside the boot right next to the rear suspension leg and then ,,,,can you see whats happening here, put the trolley back in the bay and slam the boot. hey presto the central locking has locked the doors again while you were putting the trolley in the trolley bay and you just slammed the boot closed with your keys inside. what happends then do toyota have a procedure for this.

Hope you have someone at home who can bring a spare key if there is one? Or calling the RAC or other breakdown? Don't see how there can be any other procedure? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links