Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Rear Strut Brace

snellgrove

I know, I know.. easy peasy. and yes I have tried searching.

seems its so easy nobody posted a guide.

I dont want to break things, so I aint willing to try unscrewing this and that.

yarisrearstrut.jpg

I think I got the theory, take the things highlighted in red off, put brace on and (somehow) screw them back up again.

how do you loosen them? just turn? whole thing seems to go around.. and I suspect that I dont want to be doing that.

Do I hold one, or the thing in the middle while trying to unscrew one? - they dont seem to budge.

:help:

Hey mate - if its an omp one - then undo the top one (14mm socket on the top one whilst holding the lower one with a 14mm spanner)

Put brace on and replace top one - brace sits between the two nuts

Have fun!

Cheers mate :D It is an OMP one.

I knew it must be something really silly, its just the top one doesn't want to move from the 2nd one!

I'll give it a go tomorrow evening

Chris fitted mine with clarky's tools in under 5 mins at JAE! Really is simple, since then i've had it on and off without any hassle at all! Only thing is it's good if you have a deep socket set with extension to undo the top one as they are hard to access when the brace is on and they go quite far down on the thread so a shallower socket gets caught on the screw so you can't tighten the bolt down fully :thumbsup:

OMP supply the only rear strut brace available for the yaris :thumbsup:

Well on the envy website you can get a c-pillar strut brace but if you look in the picture you can also see a rear strut brace as well but that is not currently on the Envy website.

Could always phone Kevin and see if he can get one but will prob cost ££££££££ and take a bit of time to get shipped over

Zep Racing - http://www.envyperformance.com/images/products/2723.jpg

Got mine fitted now

certainly makes the car feel 'different' - feels.. hard to describe, but heavier? less willing to wobble around?

definately stiffness has improved...

Managed to use the spanner to tighten the top one once the strut is in place, will drive about a bit and make sure they dont work lose (that wouldn't be good :lol: )

Thanks for the help all :thumbsup:

now I gotta work out how to fit the front.. (or get a garage to do it) - bonnet alarm sensor is right in the way :( and I dont want to lose that, really - makes the alarm a bit pointless without surely.

Got mine fitted now

certainly makes the car feel 'different' - feels.. hard to describe, but heavier? less willing to wobble around?

definately stiffness has improved...

Managed to use the spanner to tighten the top one once the strut is in place, will drive about a bit and make sure they dont work lose (that wouldn't be good :lol: )

Thanks for the help all :thumbsup:

Show us some pics please :D

I'll get some good daylight pics tomorrow :)

Just went out for a proper drive and :eek: WOW, what a difference.

the back end stays so planted compared to standard Yaris!! it really is a different car now, much more confidence in it now, feels more sure-footed.

Need stiffer springs though, as coming up to a corner fast you need to brake hard & the front end shoots down & the back end still waggles about in the air!

if my springs arrive tomorrow, there's a possibility it can be done on friday! lets hope so :D

Yeah i no i really want one but spent over £400 on car in last month and only earn like 300 a month haha!

I am going to try and find some stuff to sell haha!

What springs have you gone for mate?

I got TEIN S-Tech on the way, keeping the dampers standard for now.

They aint turned up, hopefully tomorrow :unsure:

I got carried away with other things, so didn't get a nice bright daylight piccie, but hopefully the flash will make up for it. click for big.

236153182_46dbe0abdd.jpg

Really happy with it, I want to take it out and do my fave B-Road again but wont somebody think of the tyres?! those weren't squeals of delight :D

going to book an airfield day either 9th october, or 6th november when the front brace & springs are on, see how it goes :)

Looks nice!

I have tein springs you wont be dissapointed in them! Got no idea what model number they are as bought them off moffmo! lol

I had Tein springs and the braces until last week - great package.

I also sprayed the OMP brace black to draw less attention to it when parked up.

I had Tein springs and the braces until last week - great package.

I also sprayed the OMP brace black to draw less attention to it when parked up.

can't see it - parcel shelf :)

but yes, I'm not sure if I am fond of the red, myself.. still, not there to be looked at!

Springs still haven't turned up.. I thought Envy were meant to be next-day delivery? must have called them 2 times to work out where they are since my order 3 / 4 weeks ago, and each time they say either beginning of next week or tomorrow or whatever blahhh :( ho hum.. maybe tomorrow and if not I call again

Unfortunately TNT and similar often let them down mate - Ive had probs in the past -always end up being the courier as opposed to Envy mate.

Keep on the case