Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm - Quick Question

rallybunny

Hiya,

Going to look at a 51 plate T sport this afternoon. :thumbsup: Can I just check that the phase 1 cars had a Cat 1 alarm on them?

Cheers,

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this one up again. I bought a Yaris brochure off eBay (sad cow I know, but I like to know what I've got :rolleyes: ). Anyway, it's for a 2003 Yaris, so still P1. It says that the T sport has a remote alarm with perimeter and interior protection as standard. Does my 51 plate (December 01) P1 have this, or is it just from a certain date after that, as I assumed it just had the immobiliser??

Thanks again.

Sit inside and lock your car with the remote.

Move your arm or head a little bit (after about 30 seconds) and it will trigger, or lock it with your windows open and put your hand through the open window.

Another one is to open the door or boot with the key. Don't do this in a confined space or your ears will bleed :yes:

Don't forget to press the remote twice to dead lock the doors and set the alarm to interior protection.

Sit inside and lock your car with the remote.

Move your arm or head a little bit (after about 30 seconds) and it will trigger, or lock it with your windows open and put your hand through the open window.

Another one is to open the door or boot with the key. Don't do this in a confined space or your ears will bleed :yes:

Don't forget to press the remote twice to dead lock the doors and set the alarm to interior protection.

It's a proper siren then, not just the double locking thing? Couldn't find anything in the handbook about a siren, is it just the "unlock" key to shut it off? Don't want to set the thing off if I can't shut it up again!

From memory I don’t think there is much in the hand book. The alarm hand book came separate with my T Sport.

It's the TVSS IV-D

Send me a PM and I will send a scan of the manual.

:thumbsup: