Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seatbelt Warning Sound

carday

Is this procedure with the new Avensis?

....After 10 seconds, fasten the seat belt....

Is this critical? I mean the 10 seconds.

Stelios

Tried this trick today. It worked like a dream.

Thank you for letting me know how to kill that intrusive sound, but keeping the red flashing seat belt lamp enabled.

I like to be told about the belt, but in a silent and polite manner.

:drunk: +1 on the above comment, thanks for the tip ndsblack

HI

I have tried this but with no luck.

This is what I do.

1.Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"

2.Turn power off

3.Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button

4.After 10 seconds, I fasten the seatbelt and then release the trip-reset button, BUT when I do that the display goes to Trip A with no indication that the sound is off. The same problem as Roger from Norway

What am I doing wrong? Is the 5 seconds critical?

My Avensis is the 2007 1.6 manual.

Hello forum users!

I am from Norway, and just registrered here.

I have just bought my first Toyota, an Avensis 2007 D4D T4?.

Not sure about the english versions of Avensis, cause in Norway we

have different names (SOL,Executive and X).

Anyway, I have tried to disable the seatbelt siren as instructed, but

can't find a seperate reset trip button in my car. My car has a

knob in the instrument panel that can change between ODO, trip A

and Trip B. Have tried to reset Trip A and Trip B and followed the

instruction, but the siren is still on. No B-OFF display either.

Any suggestions to turn of siren in avensis 2007 models?

Roger

Roger, Did you manage to make it work? because I didn't. No B-OFF either. I have a 2007 1.6

• 2 months later...
Hello forum users!

I am from Norway, and just registrered here.

I have just bought my first Toyota, an Avensis 2007 D4D T4?.

Not sure about the english versions of Avensis, cause in Norway we

have different names (SOL,Executive and X).

Anyway, I have tried to disable the seatbelt siren as instructed, but

can't find a seperate reset trip button in my car. My car has a

knob in the instrument panel that can change between ODO, trip A

and Trip B. Have tried to reset Trip A and Trip B and followed the

instruction, but the siren is still on. No B-OFF display either.

Any suggestions to turn of siren in avensis 2007 models?

Roger

Roger, Did you manage to make it work? because I didn't. No B-OFF either. I have a 2007 1.6

Hi there!

Sorry Ive been away from the forum for a while, and found this post by searching.

Unfortunately I was unable to disable the alarm using the procedure. I tried numerous times, but

just had to give up. I thought about calling my Toyota Service person to ask for help, but have

not done so yet. I was only checking to see if any new post on this subject.

Apart from 1 been able to disable the seatbelt in Avensis from 2007, I have not hearded about any

more successes. Hope someone has a new procedure for the newer Avensis.

Roger.

• 1 month later...

I tried this yesterday and it worked from the first try.

My Avensis is from february 2008.

I'm very interested in other "tips and tricks" for the electronics of the Avensis.

Let us know if you have any or where we can find them.

Thanks,

Bassy

problem!!! My avensis is a taxi some of my customers are seatbelt exempt with certificates to prove to pc plod if I should get stopped, here lie-eth the problem same said customers cannot get into rear of vehicle for various reasons and have to sit in front thus the need to wear seatbelt to stop !Removed! siren going off, can you see where I,m coming from I need to disable the warning siren, any ideas :help:

This gets rid of the noise but not the light!!

This is how you do it

Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"

Turn power off

Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button

After 10 seconds, fasten the seatbelt

Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

Hi,

Just been out and tried this on my Avensis T Spirit D4D 2003 and works like a charm, both ways, first time, Thank for that.

It is much better to be politely reminded your passenger isn't wearing their belt with a flashing light rather than a screaming siren.

How the heck did you find out about this little trick anyway??

I'm curious as to what else I can change on my car with little procedures like this, I know you program your keys with a combination of on/off door openings also.

Thanks again.

:D BenN74 :D

• 4 months later...
by disconnecting the plugs at the bottom of the seat you will disable the alarm

...AND DISABLING THE AIRBAG FUNCTIONS SO DO NOT DO IT!

airbag communicates with the car electronics via that cable, don't forget!

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

I have an Avensis 2007 Wagon and tried the given procedure, although without success.

Like others wrote I did:

1. turned key to ON position

2. pressed buttun to switch trip counter from ODO to Trip-A to Trip-B back to ODO

3. Turned key to OFF position

4. hold trip reset button (same button to switch between ODO and Trip-A/Trip-B)

5. Turned key to on Position

6. Waited 10 Sec

7. Fastend Seat-belt

8. released button

This what happens, numbers refer to steps above:

1. ODO was displayed

2. went from ODO to Trip-A to Trip-B to ODO

3. display Off :-)

4. No visible or audible signals

5. Display is showing blank

6. Display is showing several 'minus' sings which reduce fro 5 or six to empty display again.

7. Seat belt light on dash goes off (as normal when fastening seat belt)

8. Display show Trip-A

No signs of B-off or B-on.

Also noi idea what the count down of minus signs meant.

Tried procedure also waiting more than 5 sec before turning ON again, same results

Tried procedure also turn on with 5 sec and fastened seat belt with 10 sec, same results

Tried procedure also turn on with 5 sec and fastened seat belt on 14 sec, same results.

Please can somebody tell what I'm doing wrong as I'm lost...... :(

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have an Avensis 2007 Wagon and tried the given procedure, although without success.

Like others wrote I did:

2. pressed buttun to switch trip counter from ODO to Trip-A to Trip-B back to ODO

6. Waited 10 Sec

7. Fastend Seat-belt

8. released button

1. ODO was displayed

6. Display is showing several 'minus' sings which reduce fro 5 or six to empty display again.

8. Display show Trip-A

Tried procedure also waiting more than 5 sec before turning ON again, same results

Tried procedure also turn on with 5 sec and fastened seat belt with 10 sec, same results

Tried procedure also turn on with 5 sec and fastened seat belt on 14 sec, same results.

Thanks!

This is the original posting on how to fix the problem:

This is how you do it

Turn power off

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

MARSL1970 - it appears from your list of what you are doing that you are not following the instructions, which may be why its not working... You are holding the Trip Reset button whilst it is in off. The instructions say you turn power ON first, THEN hold the Trip Reset button. Give that a go, fingers crossed it works for you!

Hi All,

Like others wrote I did:

6. Waited 10 Sec

7. Fastend Seat-belt

8. released button

1. ODO was displayed

8. Display show Trip-A

Thanks!

This is how you do it

Turn power off

MARSL1970 - it appears from your list of what you are doing that you are not following the instructions, which may be why its not working... You are holding the Trip Reset button whilst it is in off. The instructions say you turn power ON first, THEN hold the Trip Reset button. Give that a go, fingers crossed it works for you!

Hi All,

Just to tell you I've mixed feeling right now:

I'm feeling good as it worked fine (as you all knew already :P but am also feeling very stupid at this moment :unsure: as I misread the instruction time over time.

While now re-reading, it's clearly wriiten down..... still don't know why I had to think I should hold the button while turing the car on.....

Anyway thanks for the help and great tip.

If there are morte of these secret procedures, I'll be gladd to hear them :-)

Absolutely tremendous, mines a taxi too and trying and get some people to put seatbelts on is like p...... in the wind. Thankyou so much

This is something i've been looking for since ive had the car...Mine's a part time Taxi too, so this is great info- Thanks!!!

The minus sign counting down is the dash display brightness (more "minuses" = brighter). You'll need the lights switched on to see any difference as it doesn't affect the brightness with the lights off.

Tried this last night on my 04 Plate T- spirit and its worked a treat!!

Many Thanks to the person posting this Info!!!

I will no longer have to tell passengers "oh yes, the noise? its your seatbelt"...

LOL

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Hi All,

Like others wrote I did:

6. Waited 10 Sec

7. Fastend Seat-belt

8. released button

1. ODO was displayed

8. Display show Trip-A

Thanks!

This is how you do it

Turn power off

Hello,

Tried the above instructions on my LC 2010 model with no luck :(

Sorry I know this the Avensis Club but maybe someone managed to turn the sound off in the Land Cruiser 2010 model! anyone???

is it easy to remove the sound and/or seat sensors to stop the !Removed! alarm going off everytime someone sits in the passenger seat

I just fasten the seat belt and let the passenger sit on top of it.

Fitter

is it easy to remove the sound and/or seat sensors to stop the bloody alarm going off everytime someone sits in the passenger seat

Fitter

I much prefer to sit the passenger and then fasten the seat belt on top of him or her.... why the hell do people constantly want to disable a safety function :unsure:

Sorry guys but are you mad :huh: These functions are there to keep you safe and alive.... don't play with them :(

If you had seen some of the dead idiots that I have seen you may take a different approach :(

is it easy to remove the sound and/or seat sensors to stop the !Removed! alarm going off everytime someone sits in the passenger seat

Fitter

I much prefer to sit the passenger and then fasten the seat belt on top of him or her.... why the hell do people constantly want to disable a safety function :unsure:

Sorry guys but are you mad :huh: These functions are there to keep you safe and alive.... don't play with them :(

If you had seen some of the dead idiots that I have seen you may take a different approach :(

I totally agree, if the passenger isn't pregnant or severely disabled surely it is against the law anyway unless I am missing the point of why anyone would need to try it! :unsure:

Pete.

• 1 year later...

This is how you do it

Turn power off

I have tried so many times the above procedure on 04 Wagon and no luck.

When I tried to wait more than 10 sec, at step 4, like 15-20 sec or more, it all worked out. Thanks

The thing is that there are many people out there that have the right not to wear seatbelts. Seating over the seatbelt could damage it and could somehow mess with the systems in a crash. Not only the taxi drivers need that information but also the home users. Sometimes you need to drive a friend or a relative who should not wear a seatbelt. Yes in this case is far more safe to ride in the back but hey you never know what the situation will be.

I don't need that at the moment, but I will put a printed copy in the glovebox, just in case.

One more thing. If anyone want's to not wear a seatbelt and by doing this, there is no actual thread for me, than I do not care. There are alot of movies about crashes with or without seatbelts, also there are movies showing that one man not wearing a seatbelt will probably couse injuries to others in the car. Every driver is a grownup man and is certainly seen or heard of these things. From there onwards there is no force that could make him do anything, if not wanted. Buzzing or not I have seen many interpretations like using another seatbelt, seatbelts going around the back of the seat. I know people that have been fined for not using a seatbelt and continue not to use it. So why should I care and harm my self mentally about those people. I have personally shown to nearly 10 people how dangerously it is, not wearing a seatbelt in the back seats, by slaming hard on the breaks in low speed. And what, only one of them got it, the others just laughed. From that point I tell and show ones, after that I do not care. I have one rule - everyone wears a seatbelt when i'm driving. If someone doesn't want to, doesn't ride. I don't want his death, on my conscious, just because he or she is so stubborn.

• 4 years later...

Took a photo of the first post, did it, (first try) no longer have to hear to that dreaded beeping noise while parking or moving the car from a spot to another. Thank you very much OP and many thanks again to this fine forum!

Cheers!

K.

P.S.

2004 Avensis Tourer D4D.

This is how you do it

Turn power off

I have tried so many times the above procedure on 04 Wagon and no luck.

When I tried to wait more than 10 sec, at step 4, like 15-20 sec or more, it all worked out. Thanks

Super! Thanks ndsblack for the tip & kashbg for helping to get it to work!

I had the same issue of not waiting long enough. I gave it 15-20 seconds and plugged in the drivers seat-belt. When the seat-belt first went in with the button still pressed, the odometer read "b-on", which confused me at first, but when you let go of the button it switches to "b-off".

Bonza!

'08 Avensis Saloon T180