Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Manual Transmission Oil

BigRiz

Hi,

I'm thinking about changing my transmission oil preferably with the Red Line MT-90 (if I do find here in Malta.. but well I may but it off ebay). I was looking under the hood yesterday but couldn't find anything marked "transmission oil" or something. From where does it fill up? and where's the drain?

Looking from underneath the gearbox there is a 24mm plug on the front of the box and one at the bottom. Drain oil from bottom and fill it from the side until the oil seeps out from the filler plug hole. I think its about 1.5 litres but not 100% sure though. If its an auto, remove the 14mm plug from bottom of the gearbox and refill it throught the autobox oil dipstick tube. Not sure on the oil capacity for an auto but it'll be in an Autodata book or I'm sure someone on here will know.

Hey BigRiz,

Would be interested to know if u get to find Red Line MT-90 in Malta.

I'm maltese and am going to do a full service to the car.

Let me know the difference after u change the oil ;)

Hey BigRiz,

Would be interested to know if u get to find Red Line MT-90 in Malta.

I'm maltese and am going to do a full service to the car.

Let me know the difference after u change the oil ;)

I think I'll buy it off eBay cos I don't feel like phoning every shop and getting a negative reply every time...

. . . . If its an auto, remove the 14mm plug from bottom of the gearbox and refill it throught the autobox oil dipstick tube. . . . .

Id say, if its an auto, dont put Red Line MT 90 at all in it!!! :o It neads an ATF fluid! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links