Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service From Mr T

jimhaddon

My parents ordered a brand new Yaris, (mkII) for learning people to drive, so it had to have the extra pedals installed. When we actually went to pick the car up, it had a deep scratch in one of the doors. When asked what they were going to do with it, Mr T said 'oh its nothing, just take it to a garage and have it t-cut'. WHAT THE HELL?

yeah! we did! We said i want a brand new car. No replacement doors etc, a new car. After a long talk they agreed, and we also get to keep the damaged car until they can get the replacement to us! pretty good yeah?

Yeah, good on ya! its about time people started standing up to rip off dealerships!

Seriously, they'll try and fob you off with anything these days...

It's being sorted now, but the good ol' "Oh really? I shall write to Toyota UK for their view on the matter," always gets them moving along. ;)

Most garages will admit their mistakes when challenged.

I hope that your parents enjoy TEACHING people to drive in their new Yaris :thumbsup:

They should admit them before they're challenged though, that's what decent human beings do so when a dealership doesn't, it says a lot about them.

Telling some1 to take a BRAND NEW car to a garage & get it t-cutted before they've even driven it is scandalous

They should admit them before they're challenged though, that's what decent human beings do so when a dealership doesn't, it says a lot about them.

Telling some1 to take a BRAND NEW car to a garage & get it t-cutted before they've even driven it is scandalous

Unfortunately loads of "Brand New" cars get "T Cut and Dent Master" type attention before their owners pick them up due to cosmetic damage whilst transporting. The new owner never gets to know in most cases.

I know that it is wrong ....................but it is a fact of commercial business life.