Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pics Of My New Yaris

TobyM

Thouhgt people might like to see some pics of my nice shiny new yaris... :D Apologies for the sun glare in some of them.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Yes the controls are a bit plasticky, but they work and I couldn't have lived with the keyless entry system that you get with the Tspirit...

7.JPG

8.JPG

Notice the knee airbag at top of picture... I believe Mr T sees this as the USP for the new Yaris...

Yeah it has manual air con so is the T3 :thumbsup:

Lovely car mate - is it the 1.0 or 1.3?

Bet you are well chuffed, looks lovely in the black as well! :D

btw.... love your garden! ;)

It's actually the T3 1.4 D4D (I know there are some strong opinions on the forum about diesel but the tax is only £50 a year and it should manage 60+ mpg).

I think the black is great as it makes the whole car look more of a piece (as there are a number of black plastic bits like the grille and door pillar covers...)

I got it from Toyota Colchester. Only drawback is current lack of CD changer (see earlier post) as dealer quoted a rather steep price to fit one.

Ahhh I did look for the D-4D Badge but couldnt see one so assumed it was petrol.... apologies!

How are you finding the diesel engine? Yeah a lot of people dont like diesels, but its what you like that counts! :thumbsup: I used to drive a 2.0 diesel Corolla which was a bit raspy but incredibly nippy although it did sound like a tractor at start-up! :lol:

Thus far the diesel seems fine - slightly noisy at start up, but once it gets going its no worse than the 1.3 petrol I test drove for 3 days. Slight turbo lag but it seems to have good acceleration. Don't want to push it too hard until it is properly broken in though...

Really the decision was economics - I know it costs £1000 more but it actually only addeed £10 per month to finanace and I reckon I will save £350 per year on running costs (I am about to start commuting 35 miles each way to a new job).

BTW, does anyone have any idea what D4D is meant to stand for? Why the extra D? Also would anyone like me to post any other pics of specific aspects of the car?

Can't beat the colour black ..... and a diesel ;) !

I wonder in a few years time when toyota freshen up the appearance they will change the rear lights from squares/rectangles to circles? as I think circular lights would look alot better on the back :thumbsup: !

Also noticed no front fogs? Is it a T3 feature or are Toyota being !Removed! again with the diesel models?

I just hope in the TS model they use some better quality plastics

Also noticed no front fogs? Is it a T3 feature or are Toyota being !Removed! again with the diesel models?

The front fogs are only available on the T Spirit :( ... they ain't even an option on the T3

TobyM, nice colour choice :thumbsup:

Oh and the D4-D means Direct injection 4 cylinder Diesel ;) (you notice the last D is in red)

Toyota seem to be being pretty minimalist with the options on new Yaris (presumably it makes it cheaper at factory end?).

The only options available are to upgrade to satnav (£1200 - given you can buy top of the range tomtom for £400 this seems an ambuitious price!), sports pack (alloys/spoiler) and protection pack (glue on side strips, bumper corners and mats). Oh and leather upholstery if you are into that sort of thing!

Top motor mate - and don`t let people put you down cos it`s a diesel. Nearly 90BHP from a 1.4lt engine! The engine is one of the best small diesels ever made, with it`s "varable entry port turbo" all being very clever stuff. And it`s certainly not short of power. And 60 MPG + £50 a year tax! You just can`t go wrong mate. Wish I could afford a new one. :thumbsup:

Well I've had my 1.4D since april and done 4500 miles in it, so its way beyond its run in period. I'm getting 58.8mpg at the moment on my 70 mile round trip commute. Its not so good on the motorway or dual carriageway, however I can cope if its going to give me returns like this.

I like the climate control too, I had a 1.0l T3 as a courtesy car and i didn't like the heater controls, and being a teacher and having loads of stuff to lug into the car the keyless entry is a god send.

All in all I like it, it handles well, it goes well, I can keep quite a few big cars and its equivalents at bay, a TDCi Fiesta doesn't stand a chance. I can throw it round the corners, and it just sticks which is quite bizzare considering its height.

You should like it. If you want any pics of mine to compare then just let me know!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links