Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap

SephirotH

I am thinking of changing my engine to a 1.8 VVTL-i engine and was thinking what i would need to change.

Anyone has done this before? I have found pics in the forum but i don't know who did it :wacko:

gallery_177_74_1106181181.jpg

No one we know has done this and it has been reported as a photoshop so no one seems to really know what's involved! also talk about the bulkhead being moved etc so a huge job probably making it un road legal!

If youve got that much money I would either buy a celica TS with the enigne already in it :P or

TURBO your Yaris :D (+ possibly fit a Celica gearbox as well)

PS If your yaris is just a 1.0L sell it and buy a TS

It is 1.0l but im now going for glanza or Starlet GT Advance engine 1.5l turbo. I was told that the before mentioned engines should'nt need chassis modification. Should be plug and 'pray' :lol:

Thought there was a huge job to get the 1.8l engine done :wacko:

There is no point in trying to fit into Yaris chassis an engine that TOYOTA did not want (or couldn't).

This 18VVTLi car was constructed by ACTIVA technologies as a unofficial TOYOTA project. The car needed so many modifications for this engine that the whole project was not worth the effort.

Just put your money in something more essential (brakes, suspension, or even a TS engine etc)

i dunno how much for engine transplant and the engine for t sport but for my original plan to turbo my yaris i coulda have done it for around 5k?

i had done all the chassis upgrades but not enough power so i needed to modify with serious cash or buy something faster.

www.turbokits.com has a turbo kit for the yaris and i think it cost around 1k? cant remember now, its an xb turbo which is the same engine, conrods and pistons will set you back around 1400 plus labour.

then wind ur boost up and watcxh the yaris fly. might need bigger injectors. buy a t sport then chuck money at it.

theres no point doing the 1L as you will need a new engine anyway, not to mention the rear drums? suspension? the chassis? a lot of thinking there.

this is just me personally but why put a starlet engine into a yaris? surely that totally defeats the point of tuning a yaris?

Ask yariswrc, his is the craziest project i know for a yaris

PMed yaris wrc.

New car is impossible for me :censor:

I think that doing a turbo on 1.0l vitz isn't that great (its just 1.0l) although ive seen HKS turbo kits pushing the 1.0l to almost 180bhp :eek:

Anyone knows the specs of the 1.5l Vitz RS?

PMed yaris wrc.

New car is impossible for me :censor:

I think that doing a turbo on 1.0l vitz isn't that great (its just 1.0l) although ive seen HKS turbo kits pushing the 1.0l to almost 180bhp :eek:

Anyone knows the specs of the 1.5l Vitz RS?

No offence but you talk a lot of :censor:

Starlet/Glanza engine is 1.3 Turbo pushes out around 130Bhp depends on mods/boost

A 1.0L Turbo = 180Bhp I dont think so :wacko: more like 100bhp

1.5L Vitz RS is same as Yaris T-Sport = 105/106bhp

1.5L Vitz RS Turbo is around 140Bhp I believe :unsure:

IMO I dont c the point in fitting a 1.0l wit turbo cause u will need to upgrade a lot of other things like brakes and susp and if u dont then u r an idiot and will just die.

Just sell ur 1.0L and buy a TS its a much better car and in the future if u have money u can mod that but from the factory its nippy and handles reasonably well.

PS Insurance will **** you when u have to list all ur mods to this 180Bhp 1.0L Yaris :lol:

Oh it's possible to get 180HP form the 1.0l, it just isn't cheap. Theres someone here in cyprus with a 1.0l running at about 130 odd horsepower, thats with boost running at 0.9 bar. Don't knock it till you've seen it mate

Oh it's possible to get 180HP form the 1.0l, it just isn't cheap. Theres someone here in cyprus with a 1.0l running at about 130 odd horsepower, thats with boost running at 0.9 bar. Don't knock it till you've seen it mate

Big difference between 130 and 180bhp. + the pressure would be too high and probably mega **** up ur engine.

Buy a T-Sport :thumbsup:

Well I know it has been done on several in Japan at 180HP, and this is what HKS says it is capable of as wlel, but with lots of other upgrades. Buying a t-sport just takes the fun out of things :P

Well I know it has been done on several in Japan at 180HP, and this is what HKS says it is capable of as wlel, but with lots of other upgrades. Buying a t-sport just takes the fun out of things :P

Personally I don't believe that you can get 180 from a 1.0L Yaris engine. You sure its not a Vitz RS Turbo with aftermarket parts.

But if someone has built one I want a test drive :D

Seen a video of a Scion Xb fitted with a ZPI turbo on a dyno hitting 180bhp but that was 1.5L

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Dyno...32a2c24579e.htm

Only 110bhp from this 1.0L

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2003751

Anywaz my TS will own the vast majority of cars that people of the same age as me drive.

hahah that yaris with the 110hp 1.0L is using a picture of my old cars engine bay hahahah.

why doesnt everyone transplant hyabusa engines into their cars? 1.3L am i correct? and 500hp with a turbo sounds like a win win situation...

hahah that yaris with the 110hp 1.0L is using a picture of my old cars engine bay hahahah.

why doesnt everyone transplant hyabusa engines into their cars? 1.3L am i correct? and 500hp with a turbo sounds like a win win situation...

Yup - that would be a pretty highly strung / high maintenance engine, but as standard it's about 190bhp anyways.

Main problem is, an engine with throttle bodies, etc, will go for stupid money on places like eBay.

Kit car buyers snap them up for ridiculous prices, like £1500!

If you can find a 2nd hand bike, you can always buy the whole thing, and then sell everything else.

Although with all the bits you can sell from a Yaris, you could probably pay for the engine and stuff itself.

Ill believe it when I c it :rolleyes:

"Stage 4: HKS turbo kit.

This kit is fully tested and has been designed as a 'bolt-on' kit. Compression ratio is left standard to retain driveability and keep costs down. HKS' own dyno figures showed power rose to 104ps (from 70) while torque was increased to 143Nm (from 95). Pressure is kept low (0.4bar) for longevity and reliability. £1,800.00. This kit can be built upon as and when necessary for example lowering the compression with high quality forged pistons, HKS front mounted intercooler, EVC-5 boost control system, sequential dump valve kit, additional fuelling etc. for power levels up to approx. 180bhp!"

This means that the turbo is able to take an engine up to 180Bhp.

They will use the same turbo for a lot of different kits only the piping will change.

It doesnt say will turn your 1.0L into 180Bhp and if it can which I very much doubt, the pressure would **** your engine. You will need it stengthed. Thats why they only took there 1.0L up to 104Bhp

But go ahead im not stopping you buying and fitting it will be cool but bet you £50 u wont get 180Bhp on a dyno :thumbsup:

What it means Burnie is the kit can go to 180HP on a 1.0l, just needsa a lot of upgrades.

Why am I even bothering to answer this? We're going over the same thing again

• 6 months later...

Back onto the swap -

Anyone changed the engine to a 4E-FTE or to 1.5l Yaris Engine? (NCP15)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links