Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Recall?

Roweow

I've just been told by a friend who went to test drive a new D4D yaris at WKB in Waterlooville in Hampshire, and he had been told that all the new Yaris' are being recalled to have foam put behind the mirror.

Does anyone know if this is true? As i raised this issue originally with Toyota UK which would be interesting to know that it had been resolved.

Not heard anything, but you can either check with your local dealer, or wait for a letter to come through your door about it. ;)

Normally recalls are for very serious, potentially life-threatening faults with a car, such as brake issues or engine problems... recalling new cars costs a lot of time and money, they will only do it if its a very serious problem. Foam behind the mirror doesnt sound that serious to be honest.... :unsure:

Anyway, I have searched and can't find any recall notices online for the new Yaris :thumbsup:

Normally recalls are for very serious, potentially life-threatening faults with a car, such as brake issues or engine problems... recalling new cars costs a lot of time and money, they will only do it if its a very serious problem. Foam behind the mirror doesnt sound that serious to be honest.... :unsure:

Unless it falls off in your lap while driving and distracts you, then you drive into that

...cyclist

...or run into the back of someone

...or run that old granny over who was crossing the road

They are just covering their behinds as someone somewhere is always at fault in the event of an incident.

It will be cheaper to do a recall for foam on a mirror than pay out due to any of the above mentioned.

Well ditto the other way.... :lol:

The Yaris has only had two recalls in the past.... one for security of rear hubs to axle beam and the other for rear wheels locking under braking.... Google is a wonderful thing! :D

Well ditto the other way.... :lol:

The Yaris has only had two recalls in the past.... one for security of rear hubs to axle beam and the other for rear wheels locking under braking.... Google is a wonderful thing! :D

Well my recall on my 2001 Yaris was for rear brakes but it was because ice and snow could pack around the brake lines. Not that we ever get the sort of weather where it could happen!

click!

I seem to remember something discussed on here about rattling mirrors on the new Yaris. I guess that's what the foam is all about.

That reminds me of the time all those Mondeos got recalled because they were veering drastically off to the left when braking!!! Isn't it natural for a Yaris to be a bit rattly anyway, especially the frenchies?? :P

Al, i remember the very same incident, i have the recall notice and job completion sheet still in my manual!! I'm such a geek!! :rolleyes:

Not noticed any vibration on my interior mirror :thumbsup: