Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso T-spirit Dvd Player

simondot

Hi All

I have recently bought an 04 verso t-spirit from a car supermarket. The car is fantastic and so far I am very impressed with it.

The only problem is that the remote control and headphones for the ICE system were not supplied with the car.

My local dealer quoted me for replacements but as you’d expect the prices were extortionate!

Does anyone know if the dvd unit is a Centurion DVD 899? (Mine is mounted beneath the driver’s seat and looks identical).

If so I can get a spare player and remote for only £20 more than a replacement remote alone from the dealer.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/1177.html

As the DVD player seems to run whenever the car is started I get the feeling the DVD player may not last the three year’s I am planning to keep the car for. So may be worth having the spare anyway.

Does anyone know if it’s the same model?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like the same as we have in an 05 T-Spirit.

Unfortunatly i can not see the remote that is supplied to tell you if it at least it looked the same.

I have tried to replace the headphones and have only been able to source from Toyota - £80 a pair !!!

In relation to power always on when car is running, ours is only on when we click the on button

Unfortunatly i can not see the remote that is supplied to tell you if it at least it looked the same.

I have tried to replace the headphones and have only been able to source from Toyota - £80 a pair !!!

In relation to power always on when car is running, ours is only on when we click the on button

I bought a pair of infra red headphones from eBay for my T180 / 3rd child! They cost about £20 & work perfectly - the seller was called in-car-stuff.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.

For the benefit of anyone in a similar position I have contacted centurion and this is indeed the same. They sent me their own manual and all the outputs are the same so would be a straight swap. Beats paying £60 to the dealer just for the remote!

Also got some Sony IR headphones from argos for £30 which work perfectly with the IR senders in the car. Only downside is you cant select the channel to pick up the sound from the RCA ports in the centre console.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your reply.

For the benefit of anyone in a similar position I have contacted centurion and this is indeed the same. They sent me their own manual and all the outputs are the same so would be a straight swap. Beats paying £60 to the dealer just for the remote!

Also got some Sony IR headphones from argos for £30 which work perfectly with the IR senders in the car. Only downside is you cant select the channel to pick up the sound from the RCA ports in the centre console.

Hello there - similar subject - we have just bought a used T Spirit Verso which is fab, but the sound doesn't work on the DVD players. The picture comes on, but neither of the headphones has audio. I'm convinced we're just not doing something right, rather than it being a fault, as it is affecting both of them. The users' manual doesn't seem to mention the DVD players or headphones - can anyone suggest where I could get a manual, or could anyone suggest what we might be doing wrong?

Thanks for your reply.

Hello there - similar subject - we have just bought a used T Spirit Verso which is fab, but the sound doesn't work on the DVD players. The picture comes on, but neither of the headphones has audio. I'm convinced we're just not doing something right, rather than it being a fault, as it is affecting both of them. The users' manual doesn't seem to mention the DVD players or headphones - can anyone suggest where I could get a manual, or could anyone suggest what we might be doing wrong?

Just a suggestion and please do not take offence but it is sometimes the obvious !!! have you checked the batteries in the headphones and that they were turned on

There is a separate booklet for the DVD player I will try to get the part number for you

Thanks for your reply.

Just a suggestion and please do not take offence but it is sometimes the obvious !!! have you checked the batteries in the headphones and that they were turned on

There is a separate booklet for the DVD player I will try to get the part number for you

No offense taken at all - it took me about an hour to realise there were no batteries in! Have also taken it round to my mates house - one of those annoying people who can do everything - and he can't find out what it is. We called in at the Toyota garage and they wanted to charge us £35 for even looking at it, never mind fixing it if there was a problem - shocking when it would have taken them five minutes. I wouldn't mind paying to get any work done, but to even look, I thought was out of order. We have booklets for the car, the sat nav and all sorts of things, but not the DVD and I have been unable to track one, so any help on that front much appreciated!

I think the sound and the remote is operated by the LEDs in the door pillar but may be wrong !!

You could perhaps try an Auto electrician in your area they may have some idea!!

I do not know how long ago you bought the car but if it is recently you may have a claim on the car supermarket !!! especially if they advertised it as having a DVD player

You could try and post in the > Audio/Video/Electronic forum on this website you may get more help from people who are more electronically minded

Further to my previous post check that the switch on the headphones are set to A and also check the mute button has not been pressed

Also try a reset with the button on the DVD player

The part number for the booklet is (in car entertainment) PZ420-E8370-67 or ref AOM 000 005 -0

If you give Parts King an email and see if he can get one for you !! if you need any accessories or parts he will give TOC members a 10% discount and is very helpful.

The Toyota dealership is not to far from your area

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=120

Further to my previous post check that the switch on the headphones are set to A and also check the mute button has not been pressed

Also try a reset with the button on the DVD player

The part number for the booklet is (in car entertainment) PZ420-E8370-67 or ref AOM 000 005 -0

If you give Parts King an email and see if he can get one for you !! if you need any accessories or parts he will give TOC members a 10% discount and is very helpful.

The Toyota dealership is not to far from your area

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=120

Thanks so much - I have sent the e-mail and will now go and fiddle with the buttons again!

Hi Verso owners,

Just a small note regarding the DVD player in the Verso. Ours came without the Headphones and when I priced them from my local toyota dealer they were £80.00 for a pair. However, I was able to get three sets for £75.00 from a website (www.car-vision.co.uk). The headphones are very compact as they fold over and come in a very handy cloth bag for storage. They work perfectly with the Verso ICE system and as I have used rechargable batteries (They require 2 x AA batteries per set) are very economical too!!

I just bought a collapsible headphone with A/B switch from eBay for around £10.

Also from eBay I bought a hard-disk based video player (£25 + cost of a disk) to plug into the Aux video input .. works a treat. Kids can now browse and select movies. No more hassle with DVD disks, scratches etc.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of the DVD unit that shows the connections that you can plug in for aux-in, etc ?

Thanks

Dave

• 4 years later...

Hi Debbie,

Can you please provide me with and email address for parts king?

Also can you please let me know if you received

above part?

Regards,
Pradeep.

Wow srooks, can you please share how you did it please and can you send me link for the products you bought from eBay?

for headphone with A/B switch from ebay for around £10.

Also from ebay I bought a hard-disk based video player (£25 + cost of a disk) to plug into the Aux video input .

can you let me know where you can connect AUX video on the adaptors under my driver seat AD-6863?

i've got this pins/plugin's input Remote IR and video INT1, INT2 and Output

Also can anyone comment on what this OUPUT for i have connect my earphones to it but jsut getting buzzz sound but no audio output?

regards,
Pradeep.

I just bought a collapsible headphone with A/B switch from ebay for around £10.

Also from ebay I bought a hard-disk based video player (£25 + cost of a disk) to plug into the Aux video input .. works a treat. Kids can now browse and select movies. No more hassle with DVD disks, scratches etc.

Hi can you please priovied me pic's or the eBay id of the seller where you got above ta