Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Discount - Chris Shipley - Help!

scottishcruiser

Tried contacting this guy via PM about 4 times now to get a few parts delivered but no reply. Bought bits before and all was well so no idea why I aint getting no reply now.. Hes still listed as offering discount so just wandering if he's dead? Stopped offering discount? Or what? Bit annoying when your trying to get something but theres no answer..

PS: I work 7am-5pm weekdays and 7am-12pm on Saturday so I cant just phone him up hence why PM'in him is much easier and as said it was all ok before.

For months at a time??? I think not.. If the guys not willing to respond to PM's, or certain PM's then I think that Admin really need to haev a word. I mean I/We don't pay gold membership to be ignored. I specifically use Chris, although I am in Scotland, because he offers mail shipping. My local Toyota, 120mile round trip away, dont offer this, therefore I aint doing the whole hog for the sake of a £5 oil filter.

Hopefully admin can have a look at this and get some answers.

Well hopefully he can view this thread and poss reply.. As said I dont pay my gold membership to not get replied too.. Obviously hes still doing his mail order. Could admin sort something out? I barely use the site as is and TBH havent had my memberships worth so if traders are going to act like this then a refund on membership is fine by me.. Sorry to sound liek a ***** but I hate this **** of not having the face to suit, or people cant be ubikd etc.. Just not on.. And I wont accept any ******* comments as I haev contacted him on 4+ occassions with no replies..

Is there a function on PM that lets you view wether he has viewed or not viewed PM's?

Is there a function on PM that lets you view wether he has viewed or not viewed PM's?

Yes there is - when you send a pm there's a tick box allowing you to track the message.

Im sure that there is also a way to see when he was last online - but i'm not sure how?

Maybe you click on his name and look at his profile?

It doesnt seem to save my sent PM's but last active tonight at 9.37pm.. Not want to take this OTT but would just like a reply.

Well I added Mr Shipley to MSN and had a 5 min chat to him before his connection seem to go bad and he goes offline ;).. I sent him the link, so I know hes viewed it, but still no reply from him on the actual thread. Basically from what he says he sells to whom/when he wants?? Not good feedback I dont think and kind of depend on the mail order..

Could I get feedback from Admin?

maybe he is busy...on holiday

As you know all to well Mat i am very busy and i reply to PM's when and where i can. But this guy will send one and if i dont reply to it, he keeps sending them. I've even had 2 today on a Sunday !

And if i remember correctly i said i wouldnt sent him anything again as the last time i was constantly mythered with PM's, the last order has about 15 PM's just for a few gaskets

Yes you may be busy but it would go for days, sometimes weeks before a reply. And as said it was only for gaskets.. Also it shouldnt mater what days its sent on, via the Gold link it says PM you, doesnt state any specific days which I can/cannot PM you and obviously dont expect you to find out a price today. The reason you were PM'd twice today was simple. You were/had been online within 30mins of the 1st PM but yet had failed to reply to both thread/PM..

I dont think your in a position to decide who you sell or dont sell to. This is not in your policy, not TOC Golds policy..

I think that you will find that ANY supplier can chose who he deals with :rolleyes:

Usually based on previous transactions.

Scottish...

Traders do not selectively decide who they sell to, they are after all businesses working for a living as are we all.

It appears from what has been said that you seem to expect an instant reponse in regard to your queries which quite often can not be achieved, especially by a busy business who are helping TOC out by supplying discounts to our members.

2 PM's on a Sunday is a perfect example.

I do not know what has happened between you in the past but as Chris has stated that he would not sell to you for whatever reason that is at his discretion, any company can choose who they sell to or not sell to, I have told customers in the past that I am not prepared to sell them a car...

As for refund. It is not upto TOC to govern sellers activities, it would be impossible, as Chris still supplies numerous members with parts we would not consider removing an active supplier from out lists. There are still numerous suppliers who offer both discount and shipping, it is not as if it is a single service which you have chosen to pay for.

If you wish to discuss this further please fell free to contact the moderation team or myself.

Ryan

So your telling me a reputable company like Toyota decides whom they will sell and not sell to? Bull****.. That aint customer friendly.. Thats discrimination mate to a T...

What has happend is this:

I PM'd for 2 gasket about 4 times in 1 day thats it.. To judge me on somethign I needed desperately and single me oput is OTT x 10000000000...

As for PM on a sunday?? What the ubik does this matter?? This is bull****

If you have sent numerous items for a specific purchase when there has been no need then yes a reputable company like Toyota can choose whom they offer there services to, what you must remember is buy offering a discount on here the branch which Chris works for will be reducing their profit margin so it is of no benefit to them bar doing a respected club a favour.

As for customer service if a customer does not respect the manor in which they do business it can be beneficial not to have that customer. I work for Nissan and like Toyota or any business we do have the ability to choose our customers, its a nice way to be and makes sure we get respected in the manor which we would respect our customer rather than be taken for granted!

Without knowing all sides to the story a public forum is not the best place for this to be resolved, this topic will be closed due to this being an innappropriate place to field this discussion, feel free to pm me or drop me on msn :D