Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Filter

forde

I haev a 2005 1.0 yaris and im looking for some induction. As far as i can see my options are

Powertec

Pipercross

Apexi

But i see a lot of people on this site talkin about "relocated" apexi; is there a kit for this, and if there is how much is it and where do you get it? Im assuming you need to buy the apexi filter kit and then the relocation kit seperate. I dont want to spend more than £100 though, has anyone on here got a powertec and is it any good?

I'm pretty certain you can't relocate the induction kit on 1.0l models as the filter bolts straight on to the engine. The relocated Apexi you are on about is for certain 1.3's and the t-sport as the engine is different. Basically to do this you simply turn the Battery around so the filter can squeeze in infront of it (just behind the passenger headlight) to gain access to more cool air which comes through here. Hope this sort of helps but someone better will be along soon to help properly!!

You can also get a HKS induction kit for the 1 Litre which seems the most popular for the 1 Litre. However i doubt it's under £100 but maybe if you get hold of one second hand as i know a few have been for sale on here before! Also the relocation of the Pipercross only works if you have a TTE front splitter otherwise it sits in the standard position for a air filter on the 1 Litre but sits on the end of the airbox rather than on a shorter pipe like most!

EDIT: Sorry meant Greddy as below!!!

the best induction kit for the 1.0ltr is the greddy airinx (see envy section at bottom of main page) it's £155 so a bit over budget but save up a bit longer, other than that i would recommend just a panel filter.

I had a Greddy on my old yaris and they are pretty good.

Pipercross are not really any good only for the fact of where they put the filter, as id doesn't get rid of the airbox, so you'd be better off with a panel filter over the pipercross.

And Apexi won't fit the 1.0ltr, it's 1.3 sr and t-sports only.

powertec I just wouldn't bother, save your money and get a better one to start with. If your dissapointed with the greddy then none of the others would be any better, and the greddy is kind of relocated.

I've got a GReddy for sale with the standard yellow filter (not used) and an extra red filter (used). :)

It'll cost you more that £100 if you want it though! :thumbsup:

I've got a GReddy for sale with the standard yellow filter (not used) and an extra red filter (used). :)

More than £100 second hand!? Another £55 and he's got a brand new one!! :lol:

More than £100 second hand!? Another £55 and he's got a brand new one!! :lol:

Plus £11.75 for posting and plus another £18 for the extra filter! :rolleyes:

So another £85 and he could have a new one with an extra filter!

ryan have u got a pic of it fitted? i'm interested in it also since at the mo i've just taken the panel filter out and plonked on a universal air filter on the end of the airbox and added some cold air feeds

here's a pic of the greddy fitted

greddy.jpg

Cheers armored! Mine doesn't have the GReddy sticker on it though, it just comes as a big shiny pipe! :thumbsup:

feel any kinda difference? response and sound wise? i guess it probably wont make much difference in a 1 litre, but guess it looks better than the standard doesnt it. interested in buyin urs off ya if its in good nick

feel any kinda difference? response and sound wise? i guess it probably wont make much difference in a 1 litre, but guess it looks better than the standard doesnt it. interested in buyin urs off ya if its in good nick

It makes the engine sound better and a bit gruntier, didn't really notice if it gave any performance, but the best thing about it is when you change gear and plant your foot back on the accellerator because the filter is foam it sounds a bit like a dump valve, although not as loud.

ooh nice, yeh i have a mesh filter at the mo and it still gives that loud suction sound once i put my foot down, but then being it a 1.0li with the greddy, unsure maybe it might sound the same, i used to have a 1.3 colt and that suction noise was definately louder. might just buy it anyway lol

Mine will be like brand new when I get round to washing it, it's only been on for about 6 months. The red filter is pretty dirty but I'm going to try and clean that too! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links