Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Howdy - New Yaris Owner With Questions!

homershairdo

Hi - Bought a X Reg Yaris 2nd hand and loving it! Stumbled across this site and it is spot on - however, I have two questions!

1. How much does it typically cost for new front wishbones?

and

2. I Don't have the sat nav module in my version - is it possible to add and upgrage to the exsisting system or is it a major rmess on??

Cheers people,

Ian

Welcome Ian :)

If you want a sat nav unit your best bet is to go aftermarket with the like of TomTom etc. The standard unit is poor and expensive!

Sorry can't help with the first question but your best bit is to phone around a bit!

I was also wondering about the satnav, the units go for fairly cheap on eBay. They are often without wiring though - is any of the wiring already in place on the car?

The standard unit is poor and expensive!

The sat nay TNS300 is excellent!

I agree it’s expensive and the display is poor (on the Yaris) but the features are superb and I have never been lost and always get home.

What i mean is it may guide you but for the same price you can get one with a lot more features that is aftermarket so why waste your money on the toyota one! It's like buying a toyota under seat sub when you could buy an aftermarket underseat sub for less that is better quality! The toyota one is also not upgradeable? and you cannot see the total route it has planned etc can you? I thought it was a simple arrows pointing and a voice telling you kind of jobby?

Another feature on aftermarket sat nav is that you can show speed camera locations :thumbsup: !

Plus it's much easier to take out and with you, should you ever sell your car.

Especially if the next one isn't a Toyota/ TNS3000 compatible.

No matter how excellent the Toyota Sat Nav system is, it'll be cheaper and less hassle to get an aftermarket one.... and as has been said, they occasionally have more features anyway. :thumbsup:

Yep - TomTom go 910 is about £415 and comes complete with door-to-door (including postcode) navigation for the whole of Europe and North America. It also has 11Gb free on its hard drive for MP3s and if you have an aux input it is a prety decent MP3 player. It also acts as a bluetooth hands free (with a separate microphone you can place where it is most convenient). Oh, and you can upgrade it with new mapping info as it becomes avaialble.

(as you might guess I rather like my TomTom)

ive got tomtom on my mobile! brilliant system, never been lost with it, got speed camera locations on it too..bargain too ;-)

Yeah - aftermarket sat nav here too.

When looking for stuff from Toyota dealers it really is worth shopping around. The price differences within about 20 miles can be huge - more than covering the cost of the extra time/petrol involved. I used to take my car a 200 mile round trip to get it serviced. It still more than saved me the cost of the diesel...

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links