Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

hnb2907

Folks,

What make/model tyres do you recommend to put on the front of my 2005 plate D4D as a direct replacement for the standard fit ones? Looking for something that handles well when driven hard around winding lanes, especially in the wet.

The only other thing is I don't want to be replacing them in 10k miles time 'cus they've been chewed up or turned into slicks...

What d'ya think? Any recommendations.

Cheers,

ChrisC.

The best grip you are most likely to get is from Toyo's... as for them lasting more than 10K, thats down to how you treat them, the car set up (tracking, suspension etc), road surfaces and quite a few other variables.. any tyre can last between 5,000 - 25,000 miles and on some cases even more, no-one could tell you that any tyre is guaranteed to last "X" amout of miles.. if they do, they are telling you lies.

The Bridgestone's I've used last well...

Standard fitment on the Yaris was the Bridgestone B391's, but I think they're no longer available, or won't be soon.

The replacement is the B330 Evo's, and so far they've been stonking.

The fronts on my B391's lasted 20k, and the rear's about 25k miles.

Will soon see how long the Evo's last, although they've only been on about a month (all four)...

If you want them to handle best in the wet I find uniroyals rainsports are great. Though they are getting quite hard to find, they last well too. Tara :)

If it's for snow, then take the Toyo Snowprox S941 or Goodyear Ultra Grip.

If it's for all weather, maybe Goodyear Vector 5 would be best.

And for summer orientated tire (without the little stripes), I would chose from Marangoni Trio, Semperit Sport Life, Verdestein Hi-Trac or... Continental ContiEcoContact (this one lasts longer than all other, but I would chose the Verdestein).

Their all for stock tires: 175/65 R14 T 82, and they exist. So, decide, search, buy :)

Good Luck!

I've just slapped some Firestone Firehawk 700's on the front of my TS, basically they replaced the old Firestone F700's that came on the car when I bought it 2nd hand. I've put 22K miles on them over 18months but it's mainly motorway driving, albeit when I hit something twisty I do gun it. And I probably had a few more months out of the tred that we left.

I've never had a problem and they were £55 fitted (185/55/R15 82V), the rear tyres are still going strong and I'd expect another year out of them atleast.

The TOYO PROXES T1-R blow the Yaris T Sport Bridgestone Potenza RE 040 out of the water :thumbsup:

£20 cheaper per corner as well.

I will be getting the Proxes T1-R all round when the time comes.

PROXEST1-R.jpg

Score: 1-best 6-worst

Grip in dry conditions 1.4

Braking in dry condtions 1.5

Grip in wet conditions 1.5

Braking in wet condition 1.6

Grip in snow 5.2

Comfort 1.8

Tyre noise (in car) 1.6

Tyre noise (external) 1.7

Tyre wear 1.8

Average = 1.6 :toast:

bs_potenza_re040.jpg

Grip in dry conditions 1.8

Braking in dry condtions 1.9

Grip in wet conditions 3.1

Braking in wet condition 3.1

Grip in snow 5.4

Comfort 3.1

Tyre noise (in car) 3.2

Tyre noise (external) 3.0

Tyre wear 3.4

Average 2.8 :angry:

Folks,

What make/model tyres do you recommend to put on the front of my 2005 plate D4D as a direct replacement for the standard fit ones? Looking for something that handles well when driven hard around winding lanes, especially in the wet.

The only other thing is I don't want to be replacing them in 10k miles time 'cus they've been chewed up or turned into slicks...

Cheers,

ChrisC.

Deffinately TOYO

Best performance good wear resistance and not bad in the price department Supurb.....

I have proxies cf-1 on my audi.............

My dad used to run truck's and toyo were allways the best...............

I never knew there was a worse tyre in the world for snow than Toyos. I couldn't get home the last time it snowed and I had my car out! :rolleyes:

Toyo's are by far the best for grip, handling, noise (lack of it!) and braking.

Iv had dunlop sp9000's which spun like mad when coming out of junctions, and BF Goodrich G-Force Profilers which were excellent... but just pipped by the toyo's (even when the toyo's are 1/2 and inch thinner)

Pirelli 6000's are another excellent tyre but the road noise on them is horrendous... My uncle's audi had them and it was noisier than my yaris!

Vredestein's will probably be the best for your D4D as it seems to me you want the best balance of grip, life and price.

I would go with the Toyo's to :yes:

But.......I can get Goodyear Eagle F1's cheap :thumbsup: and they work well :thumbsup:

Folks,

Cheers,

ChrisC.

The key line there is "standard alloys"... I have toyos on my alloys, but they're 16 inchers. I have a set of standard 14" steels with Vredstein Snowtrac2 s on and they're amazing in the wet, mud and snow. They're a bit noisier than the standard econo-craps and quite expensive but the grip is fantastic.

Despite the fact I'm that much further south now I think I'll stick them back on Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb...

:thumbsup:

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links