Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Average Mpg......

Blue TS

90? Thats about what my car shows if it hits that sort of speed (only when driven by other people though, of course :rolleyes: )

Anything above there yes, it gets me places quicker, but does consume the fuel!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue TS

• Jones~32

• wain

• smilybrad

I did a journey from my village in burghfield common to outskirts of Reading which is about 8 miles away (i had to go through centre of reading to get to other outskirt) i reset my average mpg at start of journey and got 22mpg and an average speed for 13mph!!! how insane is that!

..and yes it was 5:30 lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

some impressive figures there!

I get 35.1mpg according to the trip and an average speed of just 15 mph!

i suppose thats not bad considering that i spend a lot of time not actually going anywhere!

My 51 TS is a driving school car and spends a lot of time being driven badly :crybaby: and manouvreing :wacko:

My 51 TS is a driving school car and spends a lot of time being driven badly :crybaby: and manouvreing :wacko:

Really!? :eek: I wish I'd learnt to drive in a cool car like that! Are you an ADI then? What do the pupils think of the TS?

Hi there, pretty new to TOC, i usually get about 33-35MPG getting too and from work, but i get arroung 38-42 on long journeys or arround 22 or less when thrashing it. think the best i did was 15mpg from a standard TS over a good few miles of driving lol. but of course it was all safe and within the limits :!Removed!:

Wow, how does everyone get above 40mpg?!?!

Mine seems to be stuck at 31.6mpg

How regularly does the thing update itself?

Well if you just leave it it won't update if you have changed your driving style so suggest you reset it when you next fill up. For the record my P2 thinderT has settled down between 38.5 and 39 giving a fuel comp to zero of 290-300 miles. That is for a thrash along the 303 and some stop go traffic with some hilly bits in between :lol:

Wow, how does everyone get above 40mpg?!?!

Mine seems to be stuck at 31.6mpg

How regularly does the thing update itself?

Yeah it's over the course of your driving since you last reset it, so if you've been doing a fair bit of town driving and havn't reset it for a few weeks and then do some motorway it won't change much. Just give a a reset.

I believe it polls the mpg every 10 seconds and then works out the average based on the number of polls and what value they were?

I have never reset it since i bought it. And do loads of city driving.

I love driving the T-sport but it can get frustrating in London. :crybaby:

But thanks for the advice.

... now wheres that reset button? :wacko:

You just hold down the button that you use to change between avg mpg, avg speed and mpg - can't remeber what it's called, I think it's the "trip" button.

Select avg mpg and then hold the button in until it beeps.

you can do the same for avg speed too if you really want to, I don't use this as I find it totally inaccurate.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

My first post as a TOC member! How exciting.

My T-Sport averages 42-45mpg during the week on a 90-mile a day commute. Around town its more like 38mpg.

It's a 51 plate T-Sport with the only engine mod being a K&N Typhoon Kit.

Tim

:o Hi ,I got 55mpg ave. once on a nice steady drive, but usually it's around the 31-34 mark. But then again it is usually driven by my wife who hates to be beaten off at the lights by anything (even police cars) :o

Just drove back from doncaster and got a nice 36.4 MPG driving at normal motorway speeds.

Managed to get 47.7 MPG driving arround this weekend around doncaster which i was VERY pleased with.

Brad =)

Some of these figues are unbelievable :o

Mine is slowly but surely goin down, im on 30.5mpg at the mo.

I always use Shell optimax, don't kno if that will make a diffrence tho?

Some of these figues are unbelievable :o

Mine is slowly but surely goin down, im on 30.5mpg at the mo.

I always use shell optimax, don't kno if that will make a diffrence tho?

you should in theory get a better MPG with optimax as its a cleaner fuel and burns better.

just depends on how you drive the car and how often you reset the computer as if you just leave it it usually goes down slowly lol.

Brad =)

• 2 months later...

I got about 40mpg bringing it home from Blackburn going around 80-90 most of the way and averaging 67mph. I thought that was quite good really, as it was literally all motorway (and that was testing the accelaration when you come off the mid-motorway roundabouts).

Now I'm sort of 50/50 in the city and more rural areas i get about 34-37 depending where and how I'm driving.

• 4 months later...

51 1.3 GLS

Not a T-sport but Im posting

Average is 30-37MPG. I have seen 23MPG though :|

Im gunna try resetting it every morning. Mr Yaris only does an 8 mile round trip a day...

Ill clog it one morning, drive back clogging it. Next day drive all carefully. See what the difference is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links