Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oops!

Red Yaris 54

Im sorry if it offends anyone but im very much in agreement that once you reach a certain age that you need a re-test, when i get to 70 ill happily take a re-test to make sure im not a danger to myself and other people - imagine the guilt of killing one of your kids/grandkids who were in the car with you just because you dont react fast enough! :!Removed!:

Reaction times are much slower, eye sight & limb function are also not what they were when you are younger - its just life, everything gets slower as you get older

With respect to eye-sight problems & disablility in people of all ages - i thought it was a requirement to disclose it to the dvla if you have poor eye sight or disability? Hence the reason they wont give you a licence/test if your blind or have narcolepsy? :unsure:

Im sorry if it offends anyone but im very much in agreement that once you reach a certain age that you need a re-test, when i get to 70 ill happily take a re-test to make sure im not a danger to myself and other people - imagine the guilt of killing one of your kids/grandkids who were in the car with you just because you dont react fast enough! :!Removed!:

Reaction times are much slower, eye sight & limb function are also not what they were when you are younger - its just life, everything gets slower as you get older

With respect to eye-sight problems & disablility in people of all ages - i thought it was a requirement to disclose it to the dvla if you have poor eye sight or disability? Hence the reason they wont give you a licence/test if your blind or have narcolepsy? :unsure:

Not offended in the slightest. The ravages of time will (have in some cases :P ) affect us all. I just feel that a test at a particular age is discriminatory, random and pointless when so many people lower than 70 years old are driving around in a dozy/shaky state already. :yes:

I know of people with macular degeneration who are still driving. They already have their licence (obviously) so it is up to them to disclose it to the DVLA and surrender their licence. Just doesn't happen.

I've worn glasses since I was 11. I spent nearly £500 on new ones just before the Summer (I'm a vain so and so!) and am perfectly safe to drive. Let's say I developed macular degeneration (God forbid) and didn't tell anyone. I could be a risk to other road users a long time before I hit 70. :yes:

Of course, the other scenario is people getting through their "70 test" and then slowing down considerably later on. The lady in question in this thread is 82 so she may well have been able to pass a test at 70 anyway.

Just pointing out that it isn't as cut and dried as just re-testing the old fogeys at 70. Peoples' faculties degenerate at different ages. There's a bloke in my avenue who defies his 80 years of age and runs every day. He'd give quite a few of us on here a run for their money! :wheelchair: :crutchy:

I'm as concerned as anyone about some dozy old geezer driving into me by going through a red light or something. I do think, however, that there's a lot more than re-testing at a certain age to consider.

What i dont get is.. she was all lined up, she was stood still.. why did she need the brake :|

and isnt the clutch down when you brake as well :|

.. hmm :|

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links