Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Itunes Duplicates

Demonic Angel

I installed iTunes v5 which I got with my Nano and yesterday it prompted me to upgrade to v7 which I've now done.

In doing so however its duplicated all of my tracks listed for some reason. I can go through and delete them but it tells me if I do it'll delete the track off my iPod.

Now I only have one track on the iPod, so I'm worried if I delete one track off the iTunes list it'll delete the tune off the iPod once I attach it to update, but I want to update it as I have new songs to add, but I dont want 2 copies of every song updated to the Nano as basically it wont hold that many songs! (See photo below for what I mean!)

itunes.jpg

If that makes any sense to anyone, can anyone help or reassure me that it'll all be fine - can't find any help via iTunes itself as to this problem!

Other than that I bloody love my iPod! :D :D

First of all creat a backup of you music incase it goes wrong/you do something ;) !

Click on 'View', then 'Show Duplicates'. Select them all then press delete, it will then come up with whether you want to remove the song from your library, so select yes. It will then ask you if you want to remove it to the recycle bin, so select no.

That should sort out all the duplicates - and then remember to change the view option to show all ;) !

If you still have got two files of each just do the above, but remove to the recycle bin :thumbsup: !

You've also got James Blunt listed under 'Rock'.

You'll need to figure out how to correct that error too ! :P

lol it did that on its own, I'm not too fussed about categories! :lol::lol:

It would seem this update caused more aggro than anything else though - I was having trouble with volume as well, some tracks would play mega loud and others you couldnt hear. Sorted most of them out but some of them still you can hardly hear - tried to restore to the previous version but I didnt want to lose all my tracks so I've left it.

I do love it, but they dont make them easy do they? :lol::lol:

I'm not into all this I-tunes lark, but it does sound a bit too 'over complicated' for it's own good.

Maybe there's a taste filter installed so the likes of Muse come blasting out while Mr Blunt cannot be heard :P

Awww no I love a bit of James Blunt..... he's lovely, he can serenade me anyday ;)

Saying that, I've just downloaded the new Muse album as well, my tastes are eclectic to say the least, I have all sorts on there :lol::lol: Also just got My Chemical Romance, not exactly easy listening! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links