Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Front End Vibration

CW-ILM

Hi,

I had a service and extra work done in May at Yeomans Toyota in Sussex. They caused more trouble than they solved, at a high price!

Now, I wouldn't trust them to tie my shoes laces. Can anyone suggest a Yaris mechanic in sussex that knows what they are doing?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, sorry to hear you're having trouble, do you know whats wrong or have any more information! I rarely use Yeomans, only usually pop in to order parts.

As for garages i would have said ebley - taken mine there couple times, but unfortunately it no longer exists :(

:ffs:

Hi Chris, sorry to hear you're having trouble, do you know whats wrong or have any more information! I rarely use Yeomans, only usually pop in to order parts.

As for garages i would have said ebley - taken mine there couple times, but unfortunately it no longer exists :(

In May, they serviced, MOT'd, and replaced front tyres, discs, pads and Front anti roll bar bushes. Before the work nothing was wrong, after the work, severe vibration in front, though suspension and steering wheel. Since the original work the car has been back several times. I refused to take it back to Brighton branch, choosing to use their Eastbourne branch. I've had new front shocks and tyres have been balanced three times.

I complained to Toyota but they defined the 2 'Yeoman' branches as "independent" so, Toyota would not offer an independent assessment of Yeoman's work. After £1150 and many angry miles since, i want someone that knows what they are doing!

Cheers

Chris

When does the vibration occur?

You say you've had the wheels balanced - has the tracking been done?

Also, have the wheel bearings been checked?

When does the vibration occur?

You say you've had the wheels balanced - has the tracking been done?

Also, have the wheel bearings been checked?

Hi

vibration is more noticable after 48 MPH. Seems like a suspension rather than steering vibration as it travels though car. My calfs shake!

Yeomans manager stated that they had checked wheel bearings and tracking but not drive shafts. the vibations is worse over undulating roads.

I've driven 100's of vehicles of all different shapes and sizes: buses, lorries, bikes and cars but I need a miracle with this one!!

Cheers

Chris

It needs nothing more than the tracking doing and the wheels balancing.

In my experience at dealers they say lots of things but do very little. I had similar problem couple of years back, they said it was all checked fine... i took it to a local place, £50 and an hour later and the car was transformed.

• 2 weeks later...

It needs nothing more than the tracking doing and the wheels balancing.

In my experience at dealers they say lots of things but do very little. I had similar problem couple of years back, they said it was all checked fine... i took it to a local place, £50 and an hour later and the car was transformed.

Hi,

Tracking is ok. drives and stops in a straight line. wheels have been balanced three times (by different shops)

Run out of money so i cant do anything to it yet :censor:

Amazed that Toyota GB didn't have the facility to independently assess their dealer's work :angry: It gives dealers a free ticket to do shoddy work and get away with it :ffs:

Trouble is, I love the car :toast:

Hope to sort it out one day.

looking for other keen Yaris owners in Sussex now.

Cheers

Chris

Now, I wouldn't trust them to tie my shoes laces. Can anyone suggest a Yaris mechanic in Sussex that knows what they are doing?

CW.

As a Motor vehicle Technician and having ran my own motor repair shop, I would say without a doubt TAKE IT BACK.

Speak Privately to the Workshop Manager. Tell him THE FACTS. Also it did not have this originally.

Take the bill with you. Also independent bills of wheel balancing.

Give him the opportunity to put the problem right....With the understanding its Without charge.

If he says no, go to your local CAB. or solicitor ,ask him to do it with No gain no fee arrangement.

But tell the Toyota manager what you intend to do.

Along with, when the Facts are established you will make a report to the Local newspaper in his area.

Copy also to Toyota GB.

Sorry cant help more than that, but come to Devon I'll have a look. Lol....

PS. quote "they serviced, MOT'd, and replaced front tyres, discs, pads and Front anti roll bar bushes"

Could be something simple like dirt under the disc where it sits on the hub. Making it Run out of true.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links