Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Envy Sports Cat

Yaris SR Kid

Got a sports cat fitted today at longlife exhausts :yahoo:

I was impressed with the power difference on the drive home but then i got home and reset the ECU and after 30 minutes of driving my god it was amazing, i can actually feel more power, were as before putting in an induction kit gave you more throttle response this feels like alot more power :thumbsup:

Very happy as you can tell!

Cheers lads at Envy! :thumbsup:

Hopefully looking for a better manifold soon and then i am going to get it dyno'd to see what power i have gained :P

How is the difference between a stock Yaris and yours with a P'Flow exhaust and Envy Sports Cat? Do you notice a difference from the Induction Kit and Breather Filter?

You just have to get out that stereo and neons stealing weight ;)

Eirik

lol yeah i always think that but i aint that obsessed with speed yet to take it all out :P

The difference is a fair bit especially the throttle response has changed alot since stock, you definally get more of a "push back in your seat" feeling now!

Ill get a new header then get it dyno'd to let you no the figures!

I'll need to get one of these eventually but there's more important things to come before that! :thumbsup:

Worth the money mate?

Yes definally! even tho mine was a fuss as i had to get the sports cat element on its own from envy as they usually supply it with the centre section and i already had that from powerflow.

What you getting for yours first mate?

Sounds good, Tein coilovers would just be immense, i think my suspension is amazing with just Tein springs!

I'm sooooo tempted to just get that Sports cat aswell after a header! Working the other way round from you :P How much was it for just the Sport cat? That would simply just replace my existing cat right? Gotta hear this soon mate!

Yeah it would just simply replace your existing cat mate if you got what i got, but for you i would prob wait and save up for sports cat with the midsection. I paid £154 delivered for the sports cat element from envy.

Doesnt sound much different to my powerflow system, just pops more lol and takes out the wizzyness at high revs!

Cheers Jones~32 you have to get sports cat now :P - looking forward to seeing it!

No idea what they want from midsection and sports cat dude that will be on the webby!

I want a header but its alot of money and then theres fitting (is it worth it?)

I think the full mid section and sports cat is about £350 from memory, bargain in my opinion! The more people that come on and rave about these systems just get me more and more tempted all the time!!

Whats the noise from your little Yari like now fella!?

Insane is the only word i can think of now, best bit is shifting down for corners, since the sports cat has taken away the wizzyness sounds even better with the powerflow system!

What have you done yo your SR mate? cant find you on the registry :(

Personally i would say header is very worth it as anything you do after the header has it's benefits somewhat but when you dont reduce the pressure nearest the valves i think you aint releasing anywhere near enough power! If you think that normally the cat is the most limiting part so adding your cat back didn't do too much, but the cat would have released alot more power! Now obviously the limiting factor (Within the exhaust system) is the header! Also now that your cat can flow large volumes of gas faster a larger manifold will be able to supply a larger volume of gas and so use more of it's potential! Dont rush into buying one yet though as a few may come up on market if peeps are stripping down cars! Oooo also seen u got K&N Typhoon on the way! Your car should be very awesome soon! Im sooo jealous :P

You havent had the SR long have you mate and look what it's turning into all ready, it's gunna be a beast!! As for mine, it needs a damn good clean! Need to get some pics up soon as been a member for a while but have never posted any. I've got Tein coiley's, 16' black multi spoke rims, Apexi induc kit, ordinary back box and got my spoiler and header that both need fitting!

I've got the Megan header sat in my garage ready to fit, just havent got around to doing it yet though. For what it is and does, the price tag isn't too bad. Think it's £130 now but used to be a bargain £100 I think! Managed to bag mine brand new for a mere £80 so will hopefully be worth all the fuss when it comes to fitting!

Woody - Yeah header does sound good cheers for info mate, ill wait for a second hand one to come along :P

yeah hopefully typhoon will be alot better than the relocated pipercross i have at the moment, and i have just realised the filter will be were the air intake is on my TTE splitter :D

Baby Yari - Thanks mate comments are appreciated :)

Your tein coileys must be amazing, so jelous! Wow thats a good price for your header, were did you get it from?

Get some pictures up mate, want to see it!! :P

We will have to organise and SR meet soon as we all live near each other!

Quote: 'Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery'

Sounds good to me!

Look at all you SR owners getting headers, sports-cats etc... don't know which oaf gave you the idea that they rock! (And add 14bhp to boot!)

Anyway, just thought id offer my advice to all those getting sports-cats and headers... get the sports-cat sorted first. With just the header on and standard cat/mid/back sections the noise is ridioculous. It's stupidly gruff and sounds like the cars a bit 'ill'. Plus, because the down-pipe (pipe to cat) standard is solid, the vibrations and judders are a serious put-off. The sports-cat section has a flexible section which eliminates these judders and smoothes out the sound to a beautiful raspy, sports-car-esque note.

If anyone is wanting a Megan header iv got one sat in my garage as i was gonna be changing car, hence why i took it off, however a new job and company vehicle means that iv kept the SR, but don't drive it much, so i may as well get some dollar for the header... i was gonna stick it on eBay, but if anybody wants it, here's the details:

Megan Racing Manifold

Stainless Steel

Just over 1 year old

Offers significant dyno-proven bhp & lb/ft gains and greater throttle response

Simple to fit (Can be done with good tools in 20mins, however I recommend anybody even remotley not sure to take it to a good garage... ENVY! The bolts on the manifold will be VERY tight.)

It is advised to obtain a new head-to-manifold gasket (Envy or toyota can do these for a few quid i think) and a new manifold-to-mid gasket (available from any decent exhaust supplier - if fitted at a garage, they'll provide one)

New for £130 plus delivery

Sensible offers taken via PM.

Cheers Jones~32 you have to get sports cat now :P - looking forward to seeing it!

I will be getting one, although they are slightly more expensive for mine :huh:

Woody - Yeah header does sound good cheers for info mate, ill wait for a second hand one to come along :P

yeah hopefully typhoon will be alot better than the relocated pipercross i have at the moment, and i have just realised the filter will be were the air intake is on my TTE splitter :D

Baby Yari - Thanks mate comments are appreciated :)

Your tein coileys must be amazing, so jelous! Wow thats a good price for your header, were did you get it from?

Get some pictures up mate, want to see it!! :P

We will have to organise and SR meet soon as we all live near each other!

Picked the header up from a guy on here, brand new for 80 quid, can't argue with that!

Tein coiley's are superb mate, motor handles like a go-kart now but get a bit of a bad back on long journeys!

Anyway, just thought id offer my advice to all those getting sports-cats and headers... get the sports-cat sorted first. With just the header on and standard cat/mid/back sections the noise is ridioculous. It's stupidly gruff and sounds like the cars a bit 'ill'. Plus, because the down-pipe (pipe to cat) standard is solid, the vibrations and judders are a serious put-off. The sports-cat section has a flexible section which eliminates these judders and smoothes out the sound to a beautiful raspy, sports-car-esque note.

If i bought just the Sports cat, not the sports cat with middle section, do you know if i would still get this flexible section? Adam - Did you get one? Any idea how the standard system with a header and sports cat would sound? I'm not bothered about buying the midsection for now as i aint gona have the money and seems a lot more money for just metal piping to the axle.

I love having a forum to check this all out before i spend my money and find out the hard way :P

My exhaust from powerflow went basicaly up to the cat mate, so all i bought was the sports cat element (the box) so got no idea about flexi sections! Header with sports cat would sound immense!

Problem about having a nicer car jones is that its more expensive :P (even tho yaris is quite expensive to modify compared to other small cars!)

Go kart handling isnt that bad i suppose :P I want to see pictures babi yari :)

Problem about having a nicer car jones is that its more expensive :P (even tho yaris is quite expensive to modify compared to other small cars!)

:laughing: If you say so :P

Yaris with header, sports cat, all pipework and TTE backbox sounds awesome... rally rasp at front, deeper burble coming from the rear. Very nice indeed. Add a powerflow to that and you get a blare from the rear, a drone in the cabin and a lot of stares! But you get a couple more little 'pops' which are nice.

Im currently on Sports cat with all piping and a TTE... sounds awesome to be honest. Perfect mix of sound, tone and gurgles and pops on over-run. Plus, it doesn't make your ears bleed on the motorway. Since a fuji/hks etc don't fit on mine, this what im sticking with... sort of. The cat may fall off soon. :lol::thumbsup:

Thanks for the PM's re: the manifold... you all have replies.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links