Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Key Costs A Fortune - Do I Have Any Option?

Mark T

One of the two keys (push in slot type) for my Corolla Verso TR (T3 special edition) 06 registration has been lost. I'm being quoted £200 for a replacement. I had to replace a key for my old Renault Scenic a few years ago but that was around £60 from memory.

Seems rather excessive to me. Does anyone know of a cheaper source? Can I programme a new blank myself?

Also, how do you change the Battery in these keys - I assume they have one. There is no obvious screw to open them up.

Love the car but not so keen on this cost. I'll be spending a little more time searching for the old key before I invest now...

• 1 month later...

One of the two keys (push in slot type) for my Corolla Verso TR (T3 special edition) 06 registration has been lost. I'm being quoted £200 for a replacement. I had to replace a key for my old Renault Scenic a few years ago but that was around £60 from memory.

Seems rather excessive to me. Does anyone know of a cheaper source? Can I programme a new blank myself?

Also, how do you change the battery in these keys - I assume they have one. There is no obvious screw to open them up.

Love the car but not so keen on this cost. I'll be spending a little more time searching for the old key before I invest now...

That price seems right, and please do not try to re-programme a blank key, as the car will reject it, as the keys are a special order, as the key holds a special one off coded transponder chip, which de-activates the immobliser, when you slot the key into the key slot!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links