Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Q's On Decat/sports Cat

Burnie1000

Hey guys thinking of getting a decat or sports cat, but have a few questions. Please forgive me I know some of them have been answered already but I just want some confirmation.

Btw ive got a P2 Yaris TS.

Is there any way of stopping the engine management light coming in with the decat?

Is the decat alot better because its cheaper and I would hate to get a sports cat and wish id got the decat instead?

Will the ENVY decat/sports cat need to be modded for a P2 or will it just go straight on?

Thinking of getting a Megan manifold and ENVY sports cat for crimbo.

Already got an Apexi and ordered a Powergetter.

Should I expect 120bhp (approx) with these mods.

Please help

I was told at powerflow that they wouldnt make me a decat because of the the sensor after the cat and all that would happen is the car engine light would come on and the car would go incredibly slow.

So i got a sports cat from envy and its amazing! and you dont have to worry about all the legal mumbo jumbo as you would with a decat.

As for other questions dont no about mate!

Good luck!

I looked into the full exhaust a while ago from envy, the sports cat and the rest of the exhaust system should go straight on but the sensor positions need moving around. I would recommend adding the manifold at the same time to make the job much easier.

Seems like 118-120 BHP is the average with these mods, looking in peoples garages.

I have no idea if it works or not. Will tell you next wednesday when I get my decat fitted!

Have you got a P1 or P2?

Im not worried about the legal mumbo jumbo :lol: as im pretty sure my tints are illegal and as for MOT time my dad can just put the old exhaust back on.

Im just worried about the engine management light being on as Ive only just got the car and don't wanna **** it up :(

As for the moment Magan manifold and ENVY sports cat is looking like the way to go.

Is there any way of stopping the engine management light coming in with the decat?

Not really!

Is the decat alot better because its cheaper and I would hate to get a sports cat and wish id got the decat instead?

Maybe but is it worth the hassle?

Will the ENVY decat/sports cat need to be modded for a P2 or will it just go straight on?

Fit straight on but the Megan manifold won't fit without modifying it for the plug.

Should I expect 120bhp (approx) with these mods.

Around that, yes!

:thumbsup:

Nice find choading! to late for me tho lol!

Yeah megan manifold and sports cat would give you an awesome sound and around 120bhp!

Dam ryan your efficient with answering, quotes and all!

Also surely the ECU runs on the signals from the cat sensors and that's why they are there? Therefore if you put it into the normal outside does it just assume your cat is working awesomely (same pollution as outside air) and so doesn't trigger any performance limiting effects? (as opposed to the sensor staying in the pipe and reading high fuel levels in a decat system and so limiting performance as it assumes the cat is broken?)

EDIT: Just read your link before and it says this CEL light for the Cat coming on doesn't cause any performance decrease it is just letting you know? Therefore the decat shouldn't cause any problems just cause a light to come on?

Earpl and Raywong have had de-cats for ages with no problems performance wise. Infact, they're significantly more powerful than other t-sports. And quicker by far. Ray's car has a different set up though... a frickin' awesome one at that! Earpl's was a simple chop-out, weld-in job and his is fine. Yes, the lights on, but if you look after your car then you'll know if there's any problems anywhere.

All that needs doing when it's been de-catted is to re-set the ecu and it'll work fine, no 'limp-home' or anything like that. Plus, a de-cat sounds the dogs danglies!

You should have no problems with a de-cat as said above it just brings the EML light on.

I managed to code read it myself at work and it came up as "Poor Cat Efficiency" which is rather obvious seen as though its missing :rolleyes:

There has been no problems with the car going into "Limp-Mode", and you will easily be able to tell if the car has got a problem. If you re-set the ECU so the light disappears it will come back on after about 80-100 miles.

Go for decat then because just the sports cat cost me £150 and then £50 fitting on top!

O well least i am legal lol