Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big(s)miles!

onionbaby

:yahoo: Well just letting you all know I passed my landmark 123,456 miles on my way home from last night :toast: - quite an achievement and I am keen to congratualte my little silver bullet for every one of those miles.

Never had any major problems and was never the subject of any recalls (I'm getting a bit worried at this!).

Can I expect much more out of her or will she go bang and that will be it - I intend keeping her until she blows either way, sure it wouldn't be worth anything now anyway. Is there anything I should/could be looking out for to prolong her lifespan?

Oil and filter change every 5,000 miles and I can see no reason why you can’t do another 123,456 miles.

Look after your car and it will look after you, it’s not rocket science :thumbsup:

I’m 600 short of 15,000 miles so it’s due a third oil & filter very soon (04 plate)

112k coming on my TS without issue. Bit of badger damage the other morning and some chips and scratches but Ive got to say mine is better today than the day I took delivery

I’m 600 short of 15,000 miles so it’s due a third oil & filter very soon (04 plate)

The service intervals are every 10k miles or a year, whichever comes first, so I think you're going a bit OTT there mate! :thumbsup:

The service intervals are every 10k miles or a year, whichever comes first, so I think you're going a bit OTT there mate! :thumbsup:

A 5k service costs at most £25 for oil and filter if diy. That's hardly excessive although over 100k miles it is £500 extra.

If you keep cars ubtil they drop as I do (Wife's 106 diesel is 13 years old) a little extra maintenance is saved by a factor of 5 in the savings in annual depreciation..

(I expect my yaris to do 300k miles...)

Fresh Mobil 1 oil and filter every 5000 miles!

Lovely jubely :thumbsup:

Del%20Boy%20Look%20Alike.gif

:yes:

Mobil 1

Nought wrong with changing oil and filter regular.

But Mobil 1 :eek:

Its a Yaris mate. :yahoo: Not a Volvo.....

Thats just a little over kill.

trust me your paying for the name.

Thought I was doing well passing 55,000 miles yesterday by driving through lots of floods! And, touchwood, I've not had any problems yet. Overdue for it's next service though.

I normally get her serviced - oil, filter, air filter etc every 10k seems to agree with alright - with it having no timing belt I get a guy to tighten it up for me, he says it's grand but he could be pulling my lariot!

• 4 weeks later...

now then chaps ive got a x reg 2000 yaris sr, lower, full fli sound system, tte bumper blah blah blah runnin on 107.500 not a problem todays part from it fail its mot but that might have been my fault hehe took the centre pipe out of the tte exhaust n the bickfiring has screwed my cat totally haha oh well sounds gud :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links