Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Video Camera?

Jimlad

Right, I'm looking to buy a video camera of some sort to capture the little one before she grows and changes so much!!

TBH, I don't know much about the current video cameras, the last time I had one was about 10 years ago!!

I don't want something stupid land expensive!!

Anyone offer any advice??

ta! :D

Nowadays you can get ones which record straight onto DVD as well as ones that hae a hard drive. This makes it easier to put on your pc and then convert to DVD's and share with friends and family.

I can't offer any specific advice but will be consulting Which magazine if I decide to get one for christmas.

cfc1, replied!

Can you get them that can record to DVD, and have a built in hd? Then be able to record from the HD to a DVD in future (if you get me) without the use of a Pc?

Also, if you can, are there ones with usb ports etc??

Oooooh.... I'm gonna annoy some comet worker tomorrow!!... lol.

I'm not entirely sure you can have HD and DVD but I would expect these digital camcorders would come with a lead to conenct it straight into a PC as is the norm nowadays with any digital equipment.

With video though it may be usefull to find one that uses firewire than usb if your pc supports this as it is designed to be faster at transfering such large files.

Which says that Mini-DV (tape) is 'the best choice by some distance if you want to get into video editing on your computer' though it doesn't specify why.

The best buys are all Panasonic and Sony ranging from 350£ to 1000£.

It may be an idea to invest in a High Definition camcorder as well but the only decent HD they tested was the Sony HDR-HC3E and that was 800 pound. Uses Mini-DV.

Definitely worth reading Which November 2006 for all the info if you are going to buy one.

This is their cheapest best buy at £350. The Battery lasts for 2 hours and it uses Mini-DV. It comes with a docking station and USB cable.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sony_Handycam_DCR_HC46E__6473016

bought a sony handycam DCR-SR30E with 30gig HD. :D

353191.jpg

So expect some dodgy meet videos next time we ever have a meet!!! :)

Anyone know what video editing software I should be using???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links