Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Mods

SteveHolt!

Iv got a totally standard T Sport, and i wnat some more power out of it.

1. what do you reccomend i buy bearing im mind i only want to spend 250 - £350.

2. what sort of power increase would i get from this?

3. Also can anyone reccomend some nice jap style wheels that would look good on a thunder grey t sport.

Thanks

How long is a piece of string...

Bit of a tough one really it all depends what you fancy to be honest. Id suggest as a starting point you could get a nice backbox, with the likes of say the fujitsubo, hks or blitz, or you could perhaps just get an induction system, apexi, envy system or hks.

As for bhp with the likes of an induction system you probably wont notice anything, bit more grunt and perhaps minimal bhp increase, be wary of cheaper kits as some are known to loose bhp. A back box will give more, you can either get one of the ones suggested which will be around what you want to spend, alternatively you could go with the likes of powerflow and a custom made system and back box for simular pricing.

To be honest for that money, with no disrespect intended, you wont see huge bhp increases, its just one of those things. You either have to spend lots of money combining mods such as, induction kit, manifold, full exhaust system with either the sports cat or decat, back box, and even perhaps a uni chip, which with all your talking around £1500 depending on the parts, but your still then only talking 25bhp increase again dependant upon the parts.

Alternatively you could go down the forced induction route with the likes of a turbo or supercharger, this will see you the most increase but again at a cost of a couple of thousand.

As for wheels, have a look on Envy performances website and also rare rims, both have a large selection of jap style rims. Wheels are hard to suggest as its all down to personal taste, so your best bet is to see what other yaris members have on their cars say from looking through their garages, or asking people to post pictures, and again looking at said sites

HTH

Charlie :thumbsup:

thanks for that just having a look on rare rims now,

do you have any idea how much a unichip would be for a yaris?

I do indeed, for mine it cost me £395 for the chip and i was then charged £110 for fitting and mapping, so a total of £505.

If your thinking of fitting things like induction kits and exhaust etc in the long run, id advise getting these done before the chip. Otherwise you will need to get the chip mapped again for the new modifications.

Its hard to say, it will often vary from car to car, most people i think have received anywhere from 10-15 bhp, but again this depends on what you ask for, whether they smooth out your power band or if you ask them to go for maximum power.

Before the chip was fitted it dyno'd at 106.4 bhp, after the chip mine dyno'd at 123.4. However i was under the impression that my initial dyno would be around the 116-8 mark, going on the modifications i had fitted it should have been around that. My belief in this is based on my previous yaris t sport which had the same mods ( they were swapped over) and other owners with the same set up.

I had mine fitted by Perfect Touch in herts. Dastek, which is the chip i have, have authorised fitters scattered all over the place, best bet is to give them a ring and they will be able to tell you the closet to you.

http://www.dastek.co.uk/

for your budget mate, i'd recommend getting an induction kit and manifold. Should be able to get both for about the amount your wanting to spend

The best (and most expensive in the long run :D ) way to find out what you like is to go to a meet - or just to try and get in touch with another member in your area with mods you may be interested it - and have a touch of, listen to and maybe a ride in a car with them already fitted.

Beware though, its a great way to find cash leaching out of your wallet! :-D

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links