Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternator Belt

Mad_Ness

hey mates!! since almost new, my 1.0's belt used to do a little squeek. Mr.T solved it a couple of times with thightening adjustements and some sort of 'magic lubrication'... well, in the winter it goes from this little squeek to that LITTLE SQUEEK that keeps for a long long time... those greedy *****s when I asked if it wouldn't be better to change the belt, told me that it was an item not covered by the guarantee... it's usually normal, cause they may get dry.. :eek: ok, it's not even suposed to last a few years......

well, can anyone of you guys tell me, any tips or homemade magic recipe to ease the squeeking a little bit, i feel sorry for my poor neybourghs, and ashamed cause people look with that looks that says "HEHE THAT NEW YARIS SOUNDS LIKE AN 80's RENAULT!!!"

cumps everyone! :)

My old man just tightened the alternator belt the other day, doesn't squeak at all now! Think it just happens when it gets a bit damp but mine is ok now

MN.

Squeak cn be cured by spraying a LITTLE WD40 on the belt. But I did saya LITTLE.

Or if pos' clean out the grooves in the pulleys with emery cloth. Build up of rubber on the grooves sometimes makes things squeal.

But try the WD40 first, with the engine running at idle.

R

:P i have thought about WD40, but i also feared that it could make it slip even worse and make it jump off the tracks.. :P i'll try it tonite :D

:P i have thought about WD40, but i also feared that it could make it slip even worse and make it jump off the tracks.. :P i'll try it tonite :D

No it wont.

WD40 will help expel the water content of the belt.

But I did say a little. As in a couple of slow spurts.

R