Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner/headlight Leveling Prob

scotty g

As i'm new i'd firstly like to say hello n hi ther.

I picked up my new pride n joy p1 t sport yesterday. It's in met blue, 02 plate and has covered 44000miles :yahoo:

However i do seem to have missed out the checking of the headlight leveling when checking out the car.

Here is the prob..... When moving the thum wheel to adjust the leveling the Passenger side headlight adust in all stages perfectly but the driver side headlight fails to move at all.

So firstly is this a commen fault?

Is it easy to fix?............please say yes please say yes please say yes please say yes.

If its a case of a new headlight (GULP) How much?

The car was bought privatly so no supplying warranty.

Sorry i can't stay on line but i'm off aaaat wiv tha lads on the lash. (Watch out Colchester here we come HAHA :lol: ).

Welcome to the club.

I had the same prob but got it fixed under warranty. If both lights are at 0 position then i would just not bother fixing it as i imagine you will rarely have a lot in ur boot ie taking suitcases to the airport.

Think you would be looking at £200 for parts and labour as Toyota :ffs: will charge you for a new headlight with bulbs you cant just buy the motor.

Sorry for the bad news hope that helps you.

Cheers for that Burnie1000. Price isnt too bad really. Have had a vw before now and to be honest i think that i'll find it hard to get bills as high as what i had from them.

I thought i'd be looking at around 3 to 400 notes to pay out.

Gonna go out n see if thers anything i can do. (Basically i'm gonna go into the garage pop the bonnet give it a couple of taps with my hand to see if that'll fix it). :D

I have looked on the bay for headlights for the yaris but only found the non ts model and its too cheap to be true or of good quality.

It's at the standerd level at the mo so i'm not to botherd. I don't ever use the system that much either but it's just anoying that it's ther but not working.

M.o.t. is spring next year so i'll just make way for the budget for a toyota headlight+fitment when it goes to the local dealer (d salmons of colchester).

I may check the plug that goes into the back of the headlight to see if the contacts need cleaning but that will be my last check.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

I have looked on the bay for headlights for the yaris but only found the non ts model and its too cheap to be true or of good quality.

It's at the standerd level at the mo so i'm not to botherd. I don't ever use the system that much either but it's just anoying that it's ther but not working.

M.o.t. is spring next year so i'll just make way for the budget for a toyota headlight+fitment when it goes to the local dealer (d salmons of colchester).

I may check the plug that goes into the back of the headlight to see if the contacts need cleaning but that will be my last check.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Doubt if it will fail the MOT as they dont usually check the other levels only the standard level. My suspision is that it is not broken, but instead adjusted fully so that the motors cannot level any more. Let me explain: on the head light there are adjusters that are little cogs, if to get a straight beam one of the adjusters needs to be fully in one direction the motors for the in car adjustment cannot move them any further. As you adjust the cogs you can hear the motors moving. This may be out of line because the headlight or bulb is not correctly seated properly. Try turning the both cogs about half way, then see if the in car adjustment works. :thumbsup:

Hey. How good is this.

I am new to tha yaris site so good to bump into another fellow essex person (innit) :D

Nice blogging btw.

Hey. How good is this.

I am new to tha yaris site so good to bump into another fellow essex person (innit) :D

Nice blogging btw.

Yeah innit :lol: dont happen often mate...nah I dont have a really strong essex accent I think but I was born, bred & still live here!

Well i don't have the strongest of essex accents cos colchester is too close to suffolk. My mate though he comes from rayleigh and now lives in colchester and when you put us both together thats when you can tell the difference in the way we talk. Can't believe i'm talking about my accent :lol: . Sorry to anyone else who reads this :P .