Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

TRIGGER

:D Hi all, at the moment im getting around 75 miles out of £20 on my carina gti, i drive carefully most of the time and dont understand why my consumption is so bad, anyone any suggestions?., thx all TRIG :D .

any brake callipers stuck on?

Is it running lumpy?

are there any petrol smells or perished hoses leaking?

have pikies moved near you recently?

Have you been having all the heated bits on and elictricity drawing stuff given the time of year?(wont help the petrol consumption)

Hi m8, dont think any calipers are stuck on, the brakes seem fine, it ticks over perfect no erratic ideling etc, it does seem to run a little lumpy when driveing though, and lacks power in 3dr/4th/5th gear. LOL whats pikies mean, is this an english term for neds am i right hehe, im up north, so just a guess at the meaning, cheers m8;].

when was the fuel filter last changed...........if ever?.........could be fuel starvation causing loss of power.

Havent got a clue, i could try changeing it though and see what happens, thx for the suggestion much appreciated, cheers:].

As far as i am aware it was serviced just before i purchased it, has a new air filter and new oil as i checked, seller also said the plugs where replaced aswell but havent checked them yet, cheers:].

unless you have stampped proof of a service... get it in for one yourself bud.

You would be supprised how much a good service improves the performance.

Oil filter, oil, coolant... etc.. always worth it.

As above. I'd always get a service after purchasing a 2nd hand car, unless there's proof of a recent one, less than 6 months/ 5000 miles previously.

Were there any modifications done to the car by the previous owner(s)?

Hi all, if i have the cash i will service the car myself, cheers fizz, and gnome, im not sure if it had any mods on it before i purchased it, the previous owner didnt have it that long, when he purchased it from a toyota dealer, it only had tinted windows and alloy wheels, no exhaust or engine mods. I was told however that the ecu was remapped by toyota race team, the only way i can find out if its true is to get the ecu checked out, if its easy enough ill get my m8 to do it, he is a bit more technical minded with ecus than i am, thx all kind regards:].

Must be your race mapped ECU :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links