Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rest Ecu On Compressor

215 compressor

well have reset my ecu on my compressor refitted k&n typhoon induction kit and car goes a hell a lot better and quicker am going to dublin on monday so when i get back am getting car on dyno see wot its kicking out or not as the case may be hope im not disappointed!!! will let you know the outcome

What method did you use to reset the ecu? Reason i ask is due to the other thread regarding tweaking a compressor. :)

What method did you use to reset the ecu? Reason i ask is due to the other thread regarding tweaking a compressor. :)

I reset mine as per the other thread. it feels a lot smoother but then again it could be all just in the mind. All i know is when i step on the loud pedal i smile. Always have done and hopefully always will do.

well got dyno done today got an average of 213 bhp so would of liked a bit more but wouldn,t we all but power was in nice power curve, peaked at 7215rpm and power starts dropping of.one run got 225 bhp face lit up on that one . guy doing the power run said expect good improvements if you could get cooler air in cos inlet manifold got really hot which would reduce the power all that hot air being forced in .guess were back to needing an intercooler!!! he also mention changing oil as apparently the oil put in originaly is very thick so after oil changed with good grade oil would be less drag on engine all things that could improve power.overall quite pleased :thumbsup:

well got dyno done today got an average of 213 bhp so would of liked a bit more but wouldn,t we all but power was in nice power curve, peaked at 7215rpm and power starts dropping of.one run got 225 bhp face lit up on that one . guy doing the power run said expect good improvements if you could get cooler air in cos inlet manifold got really hot which would reduce the power all that hot air being forced in .guess were back to needing an intercooler!!! he also mention changing oil as apparently the oil put in originaly is very thick so after oil changed with good grade oil would be less drag on engine all things that could improve power.overall quite pleased :thumbsup:

did you reset the ecu like the other thread

Sticking your foot on the accelerator and keep it down with ignition on accessory (or whatever it was)!!!

did you reset the ecu like the other thread

Sticking your foot on the accelerator and keep it down with ignition on accessory (or whatever it was)!!!

yes to the reset .and it certainly picked up better

so no 272 bhp like the other thread then!! Well it was a good dyno mate 225 is what you wanted!!!

tbh Dynos are good at testing the power but you can not simulate the correct air flow getting to the engine so your probably getting a good 220 to 225 most of the time!

so no 272 bhp like the other thread then!! Well it was a good dyno mate 225 is what you wanted!!!

tbh Dynos are good at testing the power but you can not simulate the correct air flow getting to the engine so your probably getting a good 220 to 225 most of the time!

yes quite pleased me self .but like u say 272 bhp not realistic without proof!! :thumbsup:

Well done on the numbers, I hope mine is a bit better after I get it back after the ECU change :(

Is there any way you can post your dyno graph?

My power tailed off before yours and I could do with building a case for getting mine sorted ;)

BTW I have been experiencing 'bucking' sometimes when pulling away hard through the gears and a slight surging when driving at a constant speed.

Looks like interesting times coming up at Toyota World....

Well done on the numbers, I hope mine is a bit better after I get it back after the ECU change :(

My power tailed off before yours and I could do with building a case for getting mine sorted ;)

BTW I have been experiencing 'bucking' sometimes when pulling away hard through the gears and a slight surging when driving at a constant speed.

Are you thinking about getting rid? :crybaby:

sorry chrisio struggling to figure out how to put dyno graph on could send you it by e mail if you want to give me your e mail address :thumbsup:

No, despite the small problems I'm going to stick it out.

Still a great car :thumbsup:

sorry chrisio struggling to figure out how to put dyno graph on could send you it by e mail if you want to give me your e mail address :thumbsup:

Thank you, PM sent :)

No, despite the small problems I'm going to stick it out.

Still a great car :thumbsup:

Thank you, PM sent :)

sent email should of got it let me no if not will resend :thumbsup:

sent email should of got it let me no if not will resend :thumbsup:

Received it thank you :thumbsup:

I have printed it out and will show it to the dealer to compare against mine.

I will have a look where you said for the ECU so I can mark it to make sure it gets changed.

Next Wednesday is the date so not long to go :)

The car went in this morning and the tech guy at Toyota World said he had been investigating aspects of the Compressor.

It turns out that last time it went in they did the exact same reset that has been posted up here, the press the accelerator until the engine light flashes one.

I saw the bulletin so it is true.

Anyway that obviously didn't work in my case and it turns out that there is a Toyota ECU upgrade flash newly available.

It seems some cars lock themselves into 95-octane mode and the normal reset will not cure it.

Toyota are aware of this now and have released another bulletin and a new ECU map.

They installed the new map in mine and it has certainly woken the car up :thumbsup:

I have to drive the car some more to make sure I am totally happy so watch this space :rolleyes:

The car went in this morning and the tech guy at Toyota World said he had been investigating aspects of the Compressor.

It turns out that last time it went in they did the exact same reset that has been posted up here, the press the accelerator until the engine light flashes one.

I saw the bulletin so it is true.

Anyway that obviously didn't work in my case and it turns out that there is a Toyota ECU upgrade flash newly available.

It seems some cars lock themselves into 95-octane mode and the normal reset will not cure it.

Toyota are aware of this now and have released another bulletin and a new ECU map.

They installed the new map in mine and it has certainly woken the car up :thumbsup:

I have to drive the car some more to make sure I am totally happy so watch this space :rolleyes:

good news glad it might be sorted are you going to get it dyno ed again to re check? so is this update available to all then cos i know mine had been run on 95 octane when i test drove it cos the salesman put it in but they said they had reset it but if theres a new upgrade it could be worth taking it in. :yes:

Do you know if this is on all Tsports or just compressors, only asking as I have picked mine up and started to use vpower but like you say the dealer will have used 95

cheers

Do you know if this is on all Tsports or just compressors, only asking as I have picked mine up and started to use vpower but like you say the dealer will have used 95

cheers

The changing of ecu maps applies only to the compressor, however the t sport ecu will adapt to the v power's higher octane just remember it takes a few miles and the fuel economy can go a bit wild until its adjusted. Its not a good idea to keep swapping between octane ratings though, make the decision as to whether you can afford to run your car on v power or buy tesco 99 or sainsburys 97. I would like to run mine on v power all the time but I drive over 20k per year so I change between tesco during the week and v power at the weekend, this does not seem to send the ecu crazy and mess up the economy!

good news glad it might be sorted are you going to get it dyno ed again to re check? so is this update available to all then cos i know mine had been run on 95 octane when i test drove it cos the salesman put it in but they said they had reset it but if theres a new upgrade it could be worth taking it in. :yes:

Yes, I will re-dyno it in a few weeks when I am confident that it has cured it.

I would say that you should book yours in as mine had been reset and it didn't make any difference.

You have to be specific that you want the latest reflash not a reset.

Good luck :)

Yes, I will re-dyno it in a few weeks when I am confident that it has cured it.

I would say that you should book yours in as mine had been reset and it didn't make any difference.

You have to be specific that you want the latest reflash not a reset.

Good luck :)

will give them a ring so they can find the download from toyta give them chance to find out what we now know and get it checked after xmas :thumbsup: